Evolved Modder
    Living Liek Larry
    Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government.
         User Info     Contact     Gamer ID
    Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government.
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: L33T_T0ny Steam ID: ToNy Wii Code: L33T_T0ny

Default overclocking question

My birthday is coming up and i plan on upgrading my gpu and powersupply, I can hardly run battlefield single player on the lowest settings (even though it suggests i use moderate settings) and it sucks

Im planning on OC my gpu until i can upgrade (maybe even my cpu) but im new to this and i need some advice on how much is too much.

heres my computer, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16883227467

im downloading afterburner atm, but with my powersupply and cheap cooling system how much should i overclock, i found a video where a guy overclocked 15% but i don't think that would be the best idea given my current cheap setup.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

I'ma Fuckin Scalie

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: XEFDragon Steam ID: SketchyDragon

Even overclocking that graphics card wouldn't do much. It's got a very low bandwidth, and not made for gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by OSaMaBiNLoGiN View Post
    HOLY SHIT KILL YOURSELF
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuck Sky View Post
    Are you fucking retarded

Retired Prophet

Contact info:

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/kennethbgoodin

You can overclock your proc without too much overheating worries; the FX series processors run pretty cool, especially compared to intel. Just clock it to like 4.4GHz, make sure it's stable and the temps aren't anything dangerous, and you should be good to go. Or you could be more precise about it, going up a step at a time, etc., but I wouldn't worry too much about that since you most likely won't need any voltage changes to reach the low 4GHz clocks.

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ ็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Evolved Modder
    Living Liek Larry
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by ToxicJew View Post
    You can overclock your proc without too much overheating worries; the FX series processors run pretty cool, especially compared to intel. Just clock it to like 4.4GHz, make sure it's stable and the temps aren't anything dangerous, and you should be good to go. Or you could be more precise about it, going up a step at a time, etc., but I wouldn't worry too much about that since you most likely won't need any voltage changes to reach the low 4GHz clocks.
    Thanks, i OCed the graphics card to its limit, it has been jumping from 70c to 60 while gamingc. i tried going a little farther and the computer went on the fritze. ill OC the cpu now

instead of wasting another thread, in your opinion whats the best graphics card i can get under 200?

Evolved Modder
    Living Liek Larry
    Gamer IDs

edit: I got all my cores clocked at 3990 mhz, im running at a high of 40c while idle so that may be an issue compared to the 20c i had before.

windows doesnt seem to recognize the overclock since it still lists as 3.8.ghz, cpu-z says otherwise.

anyway, i tried upping the multiplier and was met with heat issues so im probrobly going to stick with 210 mhz frequency, i also bumped my voltage up by 10%. GPU overclock is running well with no heat issues

Retired Prophet

Contact info:

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/kennethbgoodin

An overclock of 100Mhz is nothing.; 40C isn't hot at all. My proc hits 66c or so at 4.2GHz. Yes, it's going to run hotter, but I wouldn't worry about anything under like 70-80 (you could go higher, but I like to stay a little on the safe side). Use prime95 to max out the proc when testing temps as well, to see the max temp it'll reach and to make sure it's stable.

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ ็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: josechibi123 Steam ID: josechibi1

I should try an over clock but I'm not so sure if I should until I get an other fan

Sent from the depths of my mind.

"War is war, and war never changes."
    http://i.imgur.com/wbVufuC.jpg from xLove