Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1
    Active Member ParadoxContra's Avatar

    Badge

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Texas Bitch!!!
    Posts
    826
    Points
    1,347
         User Info     Contact     Gamer ID
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Texas Bitch!!!
    Posts
    826
    Points
    1,347
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: NovaGfx

    Default Parents getting divorced

    Well, my parents are getting a divorce. Now this affects me tremendously because i am in high school so now i have something that will derail me from the objective in school. It makes it even more worse because they curse at each other and my father and mother expect me to choose between them. And the hardest part is that my sister is also in the middle of it. As the oldest i have to make the decision for my sister and I. I'm sure that some of the members have had this happen to them so please comment your opinion on how I should handle this and what i can do to stay focused in school. Btw, my dad is aggressive so it will be hard explaining to my dad that i am confused and i will not choose anyone. Thanks guys. Please treat this with some empathy. I'm very confused on what I should do and how i should deal with this. :/ please don't comment with rude replies.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk...

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by T.B.W View Post
    good job nigga

  2. #2
    I agree. MatthewH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,481
    Points
    15,810
         User Info     Contact     Gamer ID
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,481
    Points
    15,810

    Default

    Divorce is always a hard thing to go through, for anyone; but that doesn't mean you can't focus in school. Yeah sometimes you might miss your homework or get less sleep because of the situation, but it doesn't give you an excuse to not do well in school or to not be focused.
    When it comes to choosing a parent to live with. Usually the courts decide who's the more suitable parent to have custody over the kids, then it will be that you may visit the other. They usually pull each kid one at a time into a room and ask questions to get them to pretty much give opinions on each parent.
    In all honesty though, divorce (like I stated before) is a very hard thing to go through and therefor will affect a lot of your life; but school is one thing you shouldn't let it affect. Just work through it and try to be strong. That's all I have for now.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!


  3. #3
    Active Member ParadoxContra's Avatar

    Badge

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Texas Bitch!!!
    Posts
    826
    Points
    1,347
         User Info     Contact     Gamer ID
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Texas Bitch!!!
    Posts
    826
    Points
    1,347
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: NovaGfx

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coldfire202 View Post
    Divorce is always a hard thing to go through, for anyone; but that doesn't mean you can't focus in school. Yeah sometimes you might miss your homework or get less sleep because of the situation, but it doesn't give you an excuse to not do well in school or to not be focused.
    When it comes to choosing a parent to live with. Usually the courts decide who's the more suitable parent to have custody over the kids, then it will be that you may visit the other. They usually pull each kid one at a time into a room and ask questions to get them to pretty much give opinions on each parent.
    In all honesty though, divorce (like I stated before) is a very hard thing to go through and therefor will affect a lot of your life; but school is one thing you shouldn't let it affect. Just work through it and try to be strong. That's all I have for now.
    Thanks for the advice man. It's not only because of the divorce that i can't focus though. I am having bad headaches and my vision is getting worse. When my teacher tells me something, i forget instantly and then he has to repeat that certain part of the lesson. The divorce is just something else i have to worry about besides the fact that there may be something wrong with me physically.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk...

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by T.B.W View Post
    good job nigga

  4. #4
    I agree. MatthewH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,481
    Points
    15,810
         User Info     Contact     Gamer ID
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,481
    Points
    15,810

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NovaMoDz View Post
    Thanks for the advice man. It's not only because of the divorce that i can't focus though. I am having bad headaches and my vision is getting worse. When my teacher tells me something, i forget instantly and then he has to repeat that certain part of the lesson. The divorce is just something else i have to worry about besides the fact that there may be something wrong with me physically.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk...
    You're worrying and stressing to much is what it's sounding like. Just relax as much as you can and try your best.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!


  5. #5
    Active Member ParadoxContra's Avatar

    Badge

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Texas Bitch!!!
    Posts
    826
    Points
    1,347
         User Info     Contact     Gamer ID
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Texas Bitch!!!
    Posts
    826
    Points
    1,347
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: NovaGfx

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coldfire202 View Post
    You're worrying and stressing to much is what it's sounding like. Just relax as much as you can and try your best.
    Alright. Thanks again. I'll try my best to stay focused on my school work.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk...

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by T.B.W View Post
    good job nigga

  6. #6
    I agree. MatthewH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,481
    Points
    15,810
         User Info     Contact     Gamer ID
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,481
    Points
    15,810

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NovaMoDz View Post
    Alright. Thanks again. I'll try my best to stay focused on my school work.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk...
    No problem man!

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!


  7. #7
    Evolved Modder
    Living Liek Larry
    tony's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government.
    Posts
    6,302
    Points
    10,689
         User Info     Contact     Gamer ID
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government.
    Posts
    6,302
    Points
    10,689
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: L33T_T0ny Steam ID: ToNy Wii Code: L33T_T0ny

    Default

    Im going to be straight with you, dont be a bitch about it. don't use your parents divorce as a scapegoat for laziness

    My parents divorced 5 months ago and I try my best to ignore it and honestly I didnt change my lifestyle because of it, dont change yours either. Best peice of advice i can give you, is talk to your friends about it but dont annoy them with it and try not to use it as an excuse.

    Divorce is common and the sooner you come to peace with it and get used to the changes the better

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  8. #8
    A Real Nigga
    Dr. Sniff Smellington
    smeller's Avatar

    Badge

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    gobble gobble gobble gobble gobble
    Posts
    2,443
    Points
    2,093
         User Info     Contact     Gamer ID
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    gobble gobble gobble gobble gobble
    Posts
    2,443
    Points
    2,093
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: BUTTLlCKER

    Default

    If your dad is really aggressive, and he in any way abuses you, whether it's verbally or physically, you should go with your mom no matter what. There's no reason why you should continue to put up with his abuse and aggressiveness when there is now a way out.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    smeller


  9. #9
    Does Not Exist
    Phantom
    D.N.E's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    u know where
    Posts
    2,084
    Points
    3,510
         User Info     Contact     Gamer ID
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    u know where
    Posts
    2,084
    Points
    3,510
    Gamer IDs

    Steam ID: redshift70

    Default

    A new study just showed that 100% of divorces start with marriage.

    Back to being serious, shit happens in life man and all you can do is roll with the punches. Whatever decision you make, make sure its the one YOU want to make.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  10. #10
    Moderator chewtoys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    2,332
    Points
    3,374
         User Info     Contact     Gamer ID
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    2,332
    Points
    3,374

    Default

    Sucks to be you. Your parents divorce will be awesome if your father does something better than what my dad did when they split. He barrel rolled the shit out of his Monte Carlo into a fucking deer and multiple mailboxes, and drove the fuck away on three blown tires and a caved in roof.

    Beat that.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -10. The time now is 06:57 AM.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2016 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.