Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    King of the seas poseidon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Somewhere only we know
    Posts
    474
    Points
    810
         User Info     Contact     Gamer ID
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Somewhere only we know
    Posts
    474
    Points
    810
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: wheretohide Steam ID: riverboy879

    Contact info:

    Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/wheretohide

    Default [Help] Booting of flash drive

    I have installed live linux to my usb flash drive but when i boot and go to the boot options it doesn't show my usb for the usb boot option? Is there something i can do to boot of my flash drive without using plop or messing with the bios because i can't update or downgrade bios.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldfire202 View Post
    Yes, yes I do. No one can beat my ass kissery skills
    ^thanks tenza^
    [img][/img]

  2. #2
    I agree. MatthewH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,481
    Points
    15,810
         User Info     Contact     Gamer ID
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,481
    Points
    15,810

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by poseidon View Post
    I have installed live linux to my usb flash drive but when i boot and go to the boot options it doesn't show my usb for the usb boot option? Is there something i can do to boot of my flash drive without using plop or messing with the bios because i can't update or downgrade bios.
    What are the options you have?
    What kind of computer do you have? That would help also. Some computers can't boot to USB, not sure why. Just how it works.
    And how are you installing it?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!


  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Trinidad&Tobago
    Posts
    325
    Points
    695
         User Info     Contact     Gamer ID
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Trinidad&Tobago
    Posts
    325
    Points
    695

    Default

    boot menu F12 on system start up at splashscreen. if ur not seeing the usb in boot menu mayb the iso used is probably broken. what installer u used to make the live usb?
    i use universal usb installer.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by 357gr8st8; 10-10-2013 at 08:30 AM.

  4. #4
    King of the seas poseidon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Somewhere only we know
    Posts
    474
    Points
    810
         User Info     Contact     Gamer ID
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Somewhere only we know
    Posts
    474
    Points
    810
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: wheretohide Steam ID: riverboy879

    Contact info:

    Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/wheretohide

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coldfire202 View Post
    What are the options you have?
    What kind of computer do you have? That would help also. Some computers can't boot to USB, not sure why. Just how it works.
    And how are you installing it?
    I can go to the boot menu and my boot options have usb but my usb isn't discovered
    and i have a toshiba satellite c875d

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldfire202 View Post
    Yes, yes I do. No one can beat my ass kissery skills
    ^thanks tenza^
    [img][/img]

  5. #5
    I agree. MatthewH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,481
    Points
    15,810
         User Info     Contact     Gamer ID
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,481
    Points
    15,810

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by poseidon View Post
    I can go to the boot menu and my boot options have usb but my usb isn't discovered
    and i have a toshiba satellite c875d
    Try different USB ports.
    Also, how did you put the ISO from Linux on your flashdrive? And what Linux OS you running?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!


  6. #6
    King of the seas poseidon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Somewhere only we know
    Posts
    474
    Points
    810
         User Info     Contact     Gamer ID
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Somewhere only we know
    Posts
    474
    Points
    810
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: wheretohide Steam ID: riverboy879

    Contact info:

    Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/wheretohide

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coldfire202 View Post
    Try different USB ports.
    Also, how did you put the ISO from Linux on your flashdrive? And what Linux OS you running?
    I gave tried the different usb ports and i used livelinuxusb

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldfire202 View Post
    Yes, yes I do. No one can beat my ass kissery skills
    ^thanks tenza^
    [img][/img]

  7. #7
    I agree. MatthewH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,481
    Points
    15,810
         User Info     Contact     Gamer ID
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,481
    Points
    15,810

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by poseidon View Post
    I gave tried the different usb ports and i used livelinuxusb
    Try this

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!


  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Trinidad&Tobago
    Posts
    325
    Points
    695
         User Info     Contact     Gamer ID
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Trinidad&Tobago
    Posts
    325
    Points
    695

    Default

    dnt care if u take my advice but Universal USB Installer is what works. i dont think u can boot linux off usb on mac tho.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  9. #9
    I agree. MatthewH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,481
    Points
    15,810
         User Info     Contact     Gamer ID
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,481
    Points
    15,810

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 357gr8st8 View Post
    dnt care if u take my advice but Universal USB Installer is what works. i dont think u can boot linux off usb on mac tho.
    That's the other one I was forgetting. Thank you.
    Why did you mention Mac?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!


Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -10. The time now is 06:55 PM.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2017 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.