Just say no to drugs hell nah I ain't listen Drugs's Avatar

Badge

User Info     Contact     Gamer ID
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Spin Master PSN ID: xTiPToN_- Steam ID: xTipton

Contact info:

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/users/xTiPToN

Default Marijuana: Do you think it's a gateway...

Okay, so recently I got in trouble for smoking the reefer. My mom is making me go to counciling for weed, which I honestly feel is a fucking joke. I know, from a scientific standpoint that is, that marijuana is not in fact addictive. Having said that though, I know that the psychological effects can be addictive. I get that and I completely agree.

Reading about all these types of drugs (ie: Molly, dabs, krocidil), it really makes me question whether marijuana is a a gateway drug or not. Obviously most people just don't start with the heavy shit right off the bat (for the most part at least). From everything that I have read, whether that's documents, research papers, or just random facts from reliable sources,I feel as if 98% of people that try harder drugs started with weed.

I have been smokin weed for a decent period of time (4 years, daily basis) and I have never honestly felt the need to get a "higher" feeling than just smoking weed. I believe that being able to have self control should allow each person(s) to decide on harder drugs.

Tl;dr,
    Do you believe that a solo person's level of self control ultimately decided whether marijuana is a gateway drug? If so, why? If not, then why not?

Please only really answers. I'm looking for informative insight and real opinions. Please refrain from commenting with "drugs are stupid" and other bullshit. Thanks.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Not a drug addict.

| Wiki | Site Problems | Soundcloud | MTV Artist Page |

PM @Tony for free Netflix Accounts

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: wheretohide Steam ID: riverboy879

Contact info:

Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/wheretohide

I got caught with oxycodone a while back at school and got arrested my probation officer (a cool guy if i must say) told me that i would be better off smoking weed and they put me in a program called perception and they taught me about drugs and shit and my counselor told me that marijuana isn't a gateway drug in her opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfire202 View Post
    Yes, yes I do. No one can beat my ass kissery skills
    ^thanks tenza^
    [img][/img]

I've been smoking marijuana for about 9 months now.

Since then, I have tried cocaine, dope, and acid. That being said, I'm fairly certain that marijuana can be a gateway drug for those who are predisposed to addiction and mental instability. (Check your family history.) For example, both my mother and father are un-diagnosed schizophrenics. I was diagnosed with depressed, disorganized schizophrenia about 2 weeks ago. The majority of males in my family are alcoholics, and my father (whom I haven't seen since I was 3) has dealt with crippling drug addiction for the majority of his life.

Environment and genetics play a giant role in the question you pose, and from my perspective, there is no clear-cut answer.

Edit: Actually, I've been using marijuana for longer than I initially though. It has been about 1 year and 4 months now, almost every other day. I was speaking with a close friend about it.

Last edited by BillCurly335; 10-17-2013 at 07:28 AM.

Playstation Portable Firmware: 5.50GEN-D3
    I've hacked 7 different PSPs for my friends. PM me if you need help with yours!
    Click here for an excellent MIPS Instruction Set for Beginner-Intermediate Coders.

Wow, Paultaters! The Avatar and Signature you hooked me up with really rock!

[09-01, 20:46] Estevan: who kows how to download nitepr?
    [09-01, 20:47] Ethan: I do
    [09-01, 20:47] Estevan: how?
    [09-01, 20:47] BillCurly335: Magic.
    [09-01, 20:48] BillCurly335: Let me get you a link.
    [09-01, 20:48] Scuzzy: /dl nitepr
    [09-01, 20:49] BillCurly335: /dl nitepr
    [09-01, 20:49] BillCurly335: Ahh, I thought it was a serious command... you win this round, Scuzzy... lol.
    [09-01, 20:49] Ethan: Lolfail
    [09-01, 20:49] Ethan: It should be though
    [09-01, 20:49] Ethan: Sly, add that command
    [09-01, 20:50] BillCurly335: LOL, I win/failed?
    [09-01, 20:50] Scuzzy: LOL

Badge

Gamer IDs

Wii Code: schitzotm

Contact info:

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/

To answer this question, you would have to have knowledge of a person's mental state. Marijuana itself is not a gateway to anything. The feeling you may get while high, could be. After a while of smoking pot, the high isnt so new. If you were using it to cope with something, you are masking teal problem. As your body gets used to being high, that feeling from the weed you got no longer exists. You then turn to other drugs to achieve that feeling once more. That spirals into heavy usage of other drugs.
    If you simply use the drug for a little fun you probably have nothing to worry about.
    Look at it this way: if you had a need to kill someone due to severe family abuse, killing that person may give you a high. When you come down off of that high you will attempt to kill again in search of that feeling you got from before. You will never reach that high, but you will attempt to do it in different ways to get there.
    If someone invaded your home and threatened your family and you chose to take action. Killing that threat, odds are you arent going to kill again.

ifndef FaTaL-is-God [else] define Grace-U
    class Grace-U < Formula
    system bin/"grace-ubat"
    brew install grace-u
    endif //BM\Uffffffff\Uffffffff\Uffffffff\Uffffffff4 s\Uffffffff\Uffffffff\Uffffffff\UffffffffbR\Ufffff fff\Uffffffff\Uffffffff\UffffffffB\Uffffffff\Uffff ffffb"\u7d98\Uffffffff4\Uffffffff\Uffffffff\Ufffff fffq8[Z\Uffffffff\Uffffffff=\Uffffffffm \Uffffffff
    \Uffffffff\Uffffffff\Uffffffffy\Uffffffff\Ufffffff f

CL Original
    Since 2008

With Bill here for the most part.

Marijuana can bring out the mental disorders you didn't know you had or that you would never have had without help. And if you have some sort of mental 'disease' you are probably at a higher disposition to want try other drugs.

However, alcohol will do the same thing. If marijuana didn't have the reputation of being a 'bad drug' people wouldn't notice that it can be a gateway. Yes, I consider alcohol a 'gateway drug' in a sense and since it is socially accepted to drink it is probably more dangerous.

So do I think that marijuana is a gateway drug? Yes.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: x-CrimsoN-x21

Contact info:

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/xCrimmYx?feature=mhee

I think that it can be, but isn't.

Marijuana opens you up to the experience of getting high. It makes "getting high" okay, and desensitizes you to it. Then you think, well, weed's nice, but maybe I want energy and so you go do cocaine and meth. However, no one has ever said "Oh, I smoked pot. I am a druggy now. Therefore I should do everything else ever to exist." If that makes sense.

1v1 (as of June) :
    Wins: 2 Losses: 0
    We accept the love we think we deserve.

Just say no to drugs hell nah I ain't listen Drugs's Avatar

Badge

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Spin Master PSN ID: xTiPToN_- Steam ID: xTipton

Contact info:

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/users/xTiPToN

Thanks for all the help guys. It really was useful and constructive. I personally feel as if self control is the main factor next to mental disorders. The only disorder that I have, that I'm aware of atleast, is adhd. I have been smoking for a while, but have neer felt the need not the want to try harder drugs.

Not a drug addict.

| Wiki | Site Problems | Soundcloud | MTV Artist Page |

PM @Tony for free Netflix Accounts