Suicidal Thoughts
         User Info     Contact     Gamer ID
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xINSTANT CRUSHx Steam ID: xatmospherex

Default BattleField 4 PS4 & Xbox one delay.

My Opinion: Yes, I understand creating a game for a new console could be hard. At-least have the game ready for every console tho.

DICE considered delaying the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions of Battlefield 4, but was able to overcome development hurdles to have the game ready for launch, executive producer Patrick Bach has said.

Speaking with GamesIndustry International, Bach said some people fail to understand how difficult it can be to develop alongside new hardware like the Xbox One and PS4.

"We've been very aggressive with Battlefield 4 in that we want to be out at launch with the next gen consoles. I think people might not grasp how hard that is, to develop a game at the same time as the hardware," Bach said. "We've been struggling quite a lot to keep up with the changes we've seen--both sides need to adapt and you end up being late. Everything is very complicated. Battlefield itself is a really complicated game, so it doesn't make our lives any easier."

Bach said he understands why Ubisoft chose to delay its Xbox One and PS4 launch title Watch Dogs this week, but made clear Battlefield 4 for next-generation consoles will be there at launch.

"So we knew we'd set ourselves a tough challenge, but people on the outside seem to think that because there are going to be launch titles, it's easy. What are we spending all our time doing? They don't understand how hard it is! Talking about Watch Dogs, I don't blame them, there are times when we've considered doing the same thing," Bach said.

"Luckily we've overcome those hurdles and thought about what the game actually is on the next-gen. We've had an excellent team working that out at the same time as the game itself, which is a big struggle," he added. "We can see that a lot of the next-gen games coming are, arguably, lesser when it comes to the scope of features because of this problem."

In August this year, Bach told Videogamer that DICE would "need to compromise in some places" for the Xbox One and PS4 versions of the game.

Also in the interview, Bach confirmed that Battlefield 4 on Xbox One will not make use of Microsoft's Xbox Live Compute, a cloud-powered service that offers developers dedicated servers and the ability to offload various computations to the cloud to beef up performance.

"Not from day one. The reasons for that are multiple," Bach said. "We started this project before these plans were locked down, so we didn't dare fiddle too much with it. Also, we're not Xbox One exclusive, so we needed a solution that would work on all platforms. We're on five platforms, so we need something that's Battlefield, not Xbox One."

Lastly, Bach addressed the recently concluded Battlefield 4 beta. He said the principal focus of the test was to get an idea for how the game's servers would hold up at launch. This kind of load-testing can alleviate the kind of struggles that Rockstar Games endured for Grand Theft Auto Online, he said.

"It's about testing the back end so that you don't end up in a Rockstar situation where the game doesn't actually work on day one," Bach said. "We've been in that situation previously for the same reasons, where you're expecting one scenario and then it turns out to be completely different--it's really, really hard to cater for that."

Battlefield 4 launches October 29 for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC. Xbox One and PS4 versions will follow at launch in November.

Source:
    http://www.gamespot.com/articles/dic.../1100-6415651/

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

#HitlerDidNothingWrong
    ⌘Flying Dutchman⌘

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: baktiar77 Wii Code: baktiar77

Contact info:

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/77baktiar

It's a double edged sword to be honest with these situations.

They could lose a lot on a lot of potential sales in the FPS market to their biggest rival Call of Duty or suffer horrible reviews and fans backlash. While the option to release a broken game at launch with patches sounds like EA, I'm certainly hoping they don't.

Dr. Zion
    Divine Creationist
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: zionh4x Steam ID: zionh4x

Wuddafuck...

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk 2

Divine Creationist [#81]

I aint ded

Dr. Zion
    Divine Creationist
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: zionh4x Steam ID: zionh4x

Oh wait I don't care lol pstree!

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk 2

Divine Creationist [#81]

I aint ded

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: josechibi123 Steam ID: josechibi1

Learn the hardware? The ps4 and and xbox were made to be just like a pc. They don't have to learn the hardware. They code the game in pc to port it. They dont need to learn the hardware

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

"War is war, and war never changes."
    http://i.imgur.com/wbVufuC.jpg from xLove

Suicidal Thoughts
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xINSTANT CRUSHx Steam ID: xatmospherex

Quote Originally Posted by Distortion View Post
    Learn the hardware? The ps4 and and xbox were made to be just like a pc. They don't have to learn the hardware. They code the game in pc to port it. They dont need to learn the hardware
    I feel as those they are working around bugs. There could just be technical issues that they are working on.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: josechibi123 Steam ID: josechibi1

Quote Originally Posted by atmosphere View Post
    I feel as those they are working around bugs. There could just be technical issues that they are working on.
    Well if they want to fix everything from the beta they should

"War is war, and war never changes."
    http://i.imgur.com/wbVufuC.jpg from xLove