Results 1 to 4 of 4
Thread: Season 4 Changes Detailed
11-07-2013, 04:16 PM #1
- Join Date
- May 2011
- Where the Green Grass Grows. <3
Season 4 Changes DetailedAs we all know, League is coming to an end of Season 3. Both good and bad, Riot has many new changes in plan. The ultimate goal of Season 4 seems to bring new high quality content to players, but strategically, to level the playing fields.
The first thing mentioned: Map Vision.To help make the game more equal, Riot is introducing something new - "Trinkets." These are objects that you obtain, as you would with every other object, however it doesn't take up an item slot, nor does it cost anything, from my understanding. There are three of these new "Trinkets," all aimed at making the game more equal. Here is a brief description of what these "Trinkets" are suppose to do:
- The Sweeper Trinket, which when activated, will show invisible wards on the map and destroy them.
- The Totem Trinket, which creates an invisible ward that will last for a few minutes, based on your level.
- The Lens Trinket, similar to Clairvoyance, it temporarily reveals a portion of the map.
I can see the sweeper trinket being used a lot on top, the totem in mid, and the lens as a support trinket. Of course, this is just my own noobish insight. Champions can equip whichever Trinket they wish, and can be swapped at the store whenever. These Trinkets are not confirmed to show on the score board, although I'd imagine they would. It also seems that if trinkets are visible, you cannot see when they've been used.
Changes to wards include:
Vision wards are now cheaper, and are not invisible, making them easier to destroy, while Sight wards (with the new name of stealth wards) remain about the same. There is a one ward limit to Vision wards.
Another significant change to League: A new jungle camp?!?Not many details have been released - although we do know that this new camp is going to be placed between blue buff and wolves on both sides. This will make a few changes to the over all layout of the map, and will need some getting use to.
Also, camps now scale along with you. As you level, they'll essentially level to match you. You will get more gold and more XP the higher level you are, and can help a jungler that didn't catch the early game advantage of a successful gank, or a jungler that's struggling to keep up with farming. This is a fantastic move by Riot, I think. It makes buffs more challenging to get late game, and will increase the gold that dragon gives - keeping dragon an essential part of late game. This could be horrid for Jungle champs that aren't that strong at clearing camps, but I suppose this can bring a new meta for junglers. Not many details have been released on this part - but Riot is trying to figure a way of letting Junglers get items they need by added a few gold perks (Ding ding ding!!!!)
And finally, the last significant item, Support Roles.As most of us know, supporting can be semi difficult, depending on how you play your support. You can easily lose gold gain, and maybe even fall off a few levels. Duh dun duh! Riot to the rescue! They realize that this is a problem, and for some, even make supporting not as fun. So, to fix this, they are also adding some more gold perks for Supports, and there have been mentions of assist streaks!?! That'll be exciting. Here are some of the items being changed/added to:
- Philosopher's Stone still grants the gold boost, but also allows you to 'share' CS, or creep score, with a nearby ally. If they last-hit a minion, you get gold.
- Executioner's Emblem will let you execute minions below 200 health, helping clear the wave with your ally, both of you getting a gold reward with your nearby ally getting a small gold bonus.
- Spellthief's Blade will now reward gold whenever your basic attacks or abilities hit an enemy champion, giving aggressive supports like Blitzcrank additional gold.
I'm interested to see how the "sharing CS" will work out. There will also be some mastery tweaks to help with support gold income.
My worries for this support rework, is that new things will start to emerge and ruin the game. Anyone will be able to run these masteries allowing more gold, meaning full builds come faster. Along with these full builds, I feel as though the assist streaks can be horrifying for Junglers... As much faith as I have in Riot, I don't know how I'm going to like these changes.
GOLD, GOLD, GOLD! Gold will be much easier to come by for junglers and supports; a new item called "Trinkets" will be added allowing better map control, Jungle is getting a decent rework, and wards are getting changed.
What do you think about all of this? Just to see what you guys have to say, what do you think about the following:
- Will Junglers become OP? Will this ruin League?
- Will games leave you unsatisfied? I really dig the 30-60 minute matches - it sets League apart from games like CoD. (Hate on it.)
- And finally, will this whole map control rework defeat the purpose of the fog of war? Why have FoW when you can use Trinkets, wards, and other new additions to get a good view of the jungle?
I'm personally slightly worried. I have good faith in Riot; they have made an AWESOME game so far, but with these changes I'm not quite sure if I'll be satisfied.
11-07-2013, 04:19 PM #2
Utility Jungles are gonna be op as hell in the jungle with the trinkets and new masteries. Been trying to get on my ONE account but it's still downloading something.
11-07-2013, 05:15 PM #3
I will not say anything till I see the changes that they are making. Just hope that this doesn't break the gamd .
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 with Tapatalk 4
11-07-2013, 09:57 PM #4
I saw the threads weeks ago. They have nerfed hard jungle items and decreased the exp from monsters and gave them more health
But given level system to monsters so they level with game and grant more xp and money later in to keep junglers in balance with game.
Supports had their ap ratios reduced so you really cant build them to be AP casters doing. damage too.