Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
         User Info     Contact     Gamer ID
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: peephole303 Steam ID: Grpeephole303

Default Newtown gets a little weird with Sandy Hook

NEWTOWN, Conn. — When the old Sandy Hook Elementary School is demolished, building materials will be pulverized on site and metal will be taken away and melted down in an effort to eliminate nearly every trace of the building where a gunman killed 26 people last December.
    Contractors also will be required to sign confidentiality agreements and workers will guard the property’s perimeter to prevent onlookers from taking photographs or videos.

The goal is to prevent exploitation of any remnants of the building, Newtown First Selectman E. Patricia Llodra said Tuesday.
    “We want to be absolutely certain to do everything we can to protect the privacy of the families and the Sandy Hook community,” she said. “We’re going to every possible length to eliminate any possibility that any artifacts from the building would be taken from the campus and … end up on eBay.”
    Demolition is set to begin next week and be finished before the Dec. 14 anniversary of the shootings. Town voters last month accepted a state grant of $49.3 million to raze the building and build a new school, which is expected to open by December 2016.
    The contractors’ confidentiality agreements, which were first reported Monday by The News-Times of Danbury, forbid public discussion of the site as well as photographs or disclosure of any information about the building.
    Llodra, the superintendent of schools and other town officials have been discussing how to handle the demolition for weeks. Llodra said they want to shield the victims’ families and the community from more trauma, and don’t want any part of the school used for personal gain.
    Most of the building will be completely crushed and hauled away to an undisclosed location. Some of the demolition dust may be used in the foundation and driveway of the new school, Llodra said. The town also is requiring documentation that metal and other materials that can’t be crushed and are hauled off-site are destroyed, she said.
    In addition to the demolition crew confidentiality agreements, the project management company, Consigli Construction, also may do background checks on the workers.
    “It’s a very sensitive topic,” Selectman Will Rodgers told The News-Times. “We want it to be handled in a respectful way.”
    Adam Lanza, 20, killed 20 first-grade children and six women inside the school before committing suicide. Authorities have not disclosed a possible motive for the massacre.
    Sandy Hook students have been attending classes at a former school in neighboring Monroe that was renovated specially for them.

So all of a sudden we just Erase traces of history? Something does not seem right with this one..

http://nypost.com/2013/10/15/sandy-h...rn-to-secrecy/

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Badge

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: RetroRiot Steam ID: RetroRiot

Contact info:

Youtube Channel: http://www.YouTube.com/MrRetroRiot

Shootings happen all the time. Your not going to destroy a school because of a shooting. I feel theres more to it. Especially when your trying to destroy every last bit of it.

@Tenza

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Retro View Post
    Shootings happen all the time. Your not going to destroy a school because of a shooting. I feel theres more to it. Especially when your trying to destroy every last bit of it.
    the post also leaves out a little bit that those Guards are armed. but it is still a little interesting

Just say no to drugs hell nah I ain't listen Drugs's Avatar

Badge

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Spin Master PSN ID: xTiPToN_- Steam ID: xTipton

Contact info:

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/users/xTiPToN

I don't know if its me, but what the fuck? Some people got shot in this building, so lets tear it down to nothing and act like it never existed? Like, whoa whoa whoa. Hold on a second.. And armed guards??? Our (American) government is behind something here. It's beyond apparent. Conspiracy time.

Not a drug addict.

| Wiki | Site Problems | Soundcloud | MTV Artist Page |

PM @Tony for free Netflix Accounts

I agree with the fact that something doesn't seem right here. I don't understand why armed guards would be needed..
    If people want to take pictures, let em. I don't see what the big deal is.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver View Post
    I agree with the fact that something doesn't seem right here. I don't understand why armed guards would be needed..
    If people want to take pictures, let em. I don't see what the big deal is.
    contractors being forced to sign a confidentiality agreement is a little weird as well.... what could they possibly see while melting down metal

Quote Originally Posted by Grpeephole303 View Post
    contractors being forced to sign a confidentiality agreement is a little weird as well.... what could they possibly see while melting down metal
    Exactly. If metal is the only thing they're dealing with here (melting wise), then I don't see why any confidentiality agreements would be needed

Badge

Gamer IDs

Contact info:

Have they done any cleaning within the perimeter of the facility since the shooting?

Not a drug addict.

Badge

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: NovaGfx

Quote Originally Posted by Juicy J View Post
    I don't know if its me, but what the fuck? Some people got shot in this building, so lets tear it down to nothing and act like it never existed? Like, whoa whoa whoa. Hold on a second.. And armed guards??? Our (American) government is behind something here. It's beyond apparent. Conspiracy time.
    There's always been conspiracies about the shooting. IMO the shooter was involved in some kind of government experiment involving a new type of drug that made him delusional and he probably killed everyone because of the drug. Think about it. In almost every zombie theory, the government has something to do with it. It's either, they were testing a chemical, they already had some zombie infection stored in a facility that had blown up or something. So maybe he was on an unknown type of bath salts? Idk. It seems weird for me to theorize like that but it's my honest opinion.

Edit: As for the metal part, i don't really have a clue as to why they'd keep that a secret. But like i said. The government had something to do with it and they probably asked the city's mayor to cover it up. Probably forcefully. Who knows

Last edited by ParadoxContra; 11-28-2013 at 11:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by T.B.W View Post
    good job nigga

Badge

Gamer IDs

Contact info:

Quote Originally Posted by NovaMoDz View Post
    There's always been conspiracies about the shooting. IMO the shooter was involved in some kind of government experiment involving a new type of drug that made him delusional and he probably killed everyone because of the drug. Think about it. In almost every zombie theory, the government has something to do with it. It's either, they were testing a chemical, they already had some zombie infection stored in a facility that had blown up or something. So maybe he was on an unknown type of bath salts? Idk. It seems weird for me to theorize like that but it's my honest opinion.
    So government tested drug = mass murder..

Not a drug addict.