Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
         User Info     Contact     Gamer ID

Default Avatar change using points.

I've seen certain members getting their avatars changed by administrators, and I think there should be an option where a user can use his points to purchase an avatar change. Maybe the size can be determined by the amount of points. This will also be an efficient way to increase the need of points, that would be helpful getting people into site competitions. Maybe there could be a bigger size, though I doubt there would be a change, and since anybody has the chance of getting an avatar change, there wouldn't be a reason to have users complaining about favoritism.

There's my shitty suggestion, feel free to completely change it, and talk about it.
    Thanks for your time.

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Avatar size is set by usergroup, the special permissions encourage people to post to get into the usergroups. The largest avatar size is 180x180, anything larger wont fit in the postbit.

To do this we would have to put give everyone the same default avatar permissions or disable the ability to change avatars on your own. I don't really think that would be fair to the people that have earned those permissions already by being active.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ellijah View Post
    Avatar size is set by usergroup, the special permissions encourage people to post to get into the usergroups. The largest avatar size is 180x180, anything larger wont fit in the postbit.

To do this we would have to put give everyone the same default avatar permissions or disable the ability to change avatars on your own. I don't really think that would be fair to the people that have earned those permissions already by being active.
    Are you positive that they're set by user groups? An admin has actually changed my avatar when I was a graphic artist to something like 180x225, and my user group wasn't changed. I thought it was possible, seeing that admins can change signatures, etc. I kind of understand about encouraging users to post more to get that user group, though users could also be encouraged to get more points by posting and competitions, the number of points can just be huge, where you'd need more then just posting. (Ex: 3,500 points) I don't think you can get that much points by posting 2,000 posts (The amount of posts it takes to get elite) Also I don't think users that got bigger avatar dimensions that are graphic artists and super mods, an admins would mind that much if users had more opportunities. I don't think bigger dimensions should be an encouragement to become admin, graphic artist, or a Super mod. Those are just perks, and people should want to become those things for the good of the site, not a bigger dimension.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by goth; 01-07-2014 at 01:05 AM.

I already suggested this a long time ago and the reply was that it would make having those avatar size dimensions as a perk to certain usergroups pointless. Which I do have to agree with now that I think about it.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by #000000 View Post
    I've seen certain members getting their avatars changed by administrators, and I think there should be an option where a user can use his points to purchase an avatar change. Maybe the size can be determined by the amount of points. This will also be an efficient way to increase the need of points, that would be helpful getting people into site competitions. Maybe there could be a bigger size, though I doubt there would be a change, and since anybody has the chance of getting an avatar change, there wouldn't be a reason to have users complaining about favoritism.

There's my shitty suggestion, feel free to completely change it, and talk about it.
    Thanks for your time.
    If I understand you correctly, then I think this is a good idea. Members can use their points to have a larger avatar set for them. This wouldn't contradict the perks of Elite, because members can already "pay" for usertitles even though Elites can change them on their own for free. You could make it appealing by allowing larger dimensions to be set than any usergroup currently allows.

Even super mods can do this, no admin needed. Use the mod control panel to change your avatar and you'll see an option to ignore your usergroup's size restrictions. All you would have to do is make sure the avatar has the correct dimensions before setting it.

About the 180 x 180 limitation, if I remember correctly, this only applies to width not length. You could easily allow members to have longer avatars.

This is how the pricing could go:

100 x 100 (200 points)
    120 x 120 (400 points)
    140 x 140 (600 points)
    160 x 160 (800 points)
    180 x 180 (1,000 points)
    180 x 200 (1,200 points)

and so on.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Memory View Post
    This wouldn't contradict the perks of Elite, because members can already "pay" for usertitles even though Elites can change them on their own for free.
    The only reason I disagreed with this at first was because I thought that it would make having those usergroup perks pointless. But now that you've pointed that out, I would say I am on board with this suggestion. If you think about it, this makes sense and is reasonable.

Not really, they can either continue being active and get Elite and Diehard or if they don't want to wait they can pay up.

Last edited by Equinox; 01-07-2014 at 04:00 PM.

I'ma Fuckin Scalie

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: XEFDragon Steam ID: SketchyDragon

TAKE MY POINTS. GIVE ME SPACE.

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Code:
                            .           .  .Feckless.
                                  . |     .       .
                              ,'\   |\   .     .
           ________          / /.:  ;;       .
        ___        /\       / :'|| //     .        *^__________________________
     ___          /||\     (| | ||;'   .          ;      /\ ; ______________________
    _            / || \   // ||,;'-.._           .      //\\  . .       ________________
                /  ||  \ /: ,;,`';:.--`         /      //  \\   .:              ___________
               /   ||   \/|:|'`-(\\            /      //    \\     : ;                 ______
              /    ||    /::: \-'\`'          /      //      \\        ;:                ______
             /     ||     /\\\ \,-\.         /      //        \\         ;:                ________
            /      ||      /`'\\.,-:.-.     /__    //          \\          ;:                    _______
           /       ||       \ | \.,-' `-.  / ,.   //            \\            ;:                        ________
          /        ||        \ \ .  \ _.-' \',   //              \\              ;:                        ______
         /         ||         \ `-)  `.   _.:'  //                \\               ;:           ^^^^^_______
        /          ||          \`/    |-''  |' //                  \\               \ ^^^^^^^^^^^   
       /           ||           : \ \ |__..-;'  ^^^^^^^^^^          \\         ^^^^^^^
      /        /\  ||  ^^^      | | | ;    / '            ^^^^^^^^   \\  ^^^^^^^
     /        /  \ || /   ^^   ; / //--../_ '                    ^^^^^\/
    /        /    \||/      ^^ / / /:._  /-.''
            /      \/         / / / |_ ,(   
           /                  \ \ \ :,'  \
          /                   / /////    /
         /                     `````   :
        _                          \  \  |
       /                      \    \  \ |..-_         
      _                        )   / `/___-.-`      ,. 
                             ,'  -.\.  `. `'        ,,
                             \'\\\\ \`._ `-..___..-+,
                                ````    ``-..___..-'

Quote Originally Posted by OSaMaBiNLoGiN View Post
    HOLY SHIT KILL YOURSELF
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuck Sky View Post
    Are you fucking retarded

Quote Originally Posted by #000000 View Post
    I don't think bigger dimensions should be an encouragement to become admin, graphic artist, or a Super mod. Those are just perks, and people should want to become those things for the good of the site, not a bigger dimension.
    We've got a winner

Quote Originally Posted by Memory View Post
    Even super mods can do this, no admin needed. Use the mod control panel to change your avatar and you'll see an option to ignore your usergroup's size restrictions. All you would have to do is make sure the avatar has the correct dimensions before setting it.
    Smods can do this but they cannot subtract the points so it'd be up to admins. I doubt this would be overly popular anyway(so no big deal if we go with it) seeing as you can only increase the avatar length, but it offers a good way to get rid of points.

I say yes good suggestion @nox/vinyl

There's a difference between us. You think the people of this country exist to provide you with position. I think your position exists to provide those people with freedom. And I go to make sure that they have it.

Free bitcoin's referal link

Site BBcodes

I don't mind.

#TeamJennifer
    ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: MrSlowski- Steam ID: MrSlowski

Very good idea. I'm on board.