Results 1 to 8 of 8
Thread: Revamp application process.
01-13-2014, 02:50 PM #1
Revamp application process.Requirements to qualify are stated below.
• Have at least five high-quality signatures (quality will be judged by existing Graphic Artists and Admins)
• Have at least five critical posts (or "cnc")
• Have at least two tutorials (or "tuts") that were made by you
• Must have a minimum 4 uploaded/downloadable PSD's.
You must link to each of these when making a Graphic Artist application as proof, or it will be rejected automatically.
There is really too much and too picky. people skip past the stuff like CnC and it isnt reall taken into account, same with PSD's.
Here are some new additions that I'm considering:
1. The nomination program -
This involves as artists are passively contributing to the forum. Any Graphic artist can nominate them (in the moderation forum) for the role as GA. And then we have a vote and then ask them if they want to join up.
The context of this makes people begin to deliberatly post more signatures and overtime produce better results in the forum. as they start wanting to be noticed as someone available and deserving for a nomination.
2. ill want to keep the 5 high quality pieces of art, but make the difference where there will need to be all different types of art. so it can be userbars, avatars, drawings, gifs, ect. so 2 signatures and 3 different types of art. That means people show they have a basic range rather than just doing the same thing 5 times.
3. Keep at least 1 Tutorial of any form.
4. Change the " why i want to be Ga " to "contributions to the section" or something similar which would change peoples attitudes of "oh when im ga i will start to do this" and change it to "i have already done"
5. The challenge. this is something i will decide they should do during application phase for me to test them, it could be anything. such as a Gif signature. a banner, a render to use. a c4d to use. and see what they do with it. this shows if they can do deadlines and work out of their comfort zone.
Disclamer: These are ideas and nothing is set in stone, open to suggestions and change..
Last edited by Strike; 01-15-2014 at 04:32 PM.
01-13-2014, 02:58 PM #2
I like this a lot (Though the application is simple as hell). Kinda like a MOTM type thing just between GA's and them having to go through initiation. Wait a minute...we're a gang .
01-13-2014, 03:03 PM #3
This is an awesome idea!
01-15-2014, 04:22 PM #4
Bump ~ this can still be sorted.
01-16-2014, 11:24 AM #5
- Join Date
- Sep 2010
No complains on suggestion one, I always pondered why we didn't do this and it's always "go make an app".
On number 2 though, why not 3 signatures and 2 different types of art so we can keep it a bit fair compared to us who only had applied with 5 signatures and nothing else.
Someone should judge the tutorial if it actually is teaching or not (not judging by "oh i already know this" but if it actually could help someone).
Get rid of the PSD's as far as I know, barely anyone looks at them in an application and Blacksun couldn't make a decent application because he doesn't only use Photoshop.
4. is a good idea, people always make the same bullshit reasoning up to become GA, I think even I didn't make some bs excuse on my first app.
5. I assume the applicant will not be judged by if he wins or not, but by what he makes right?
I only see this now, hence why I only reply just now.
01-16-2014, 11:37 AM #6
01-16-2014, 01:32 PM #7
I can do a gif sig no problem.
01-16-2014, 02:18 PM #8