Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Josh's Avatar

    Badge

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Florida .
    Posts
    10,473
    Points
    11,216
         User Info     Contact     Gamer ID
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Florida .
    Posts
    10,473
    Points
    11,216

    Default Stop being fucking lazy .

    Graphic Artist Requirements
    Requirements to qualify are stated below.

    • Have at least five high-quality signatures (quality will be judged by existing Graphic Artists and Admins)
    • Have at least five critical posts (or "cnc")
    • Have at least two tutorials (or "tuts") that were made by you
    • Must have a minimum 4 uploaded/downloadable PSD's.
    Damn. Sure sounds like a lot right? Yes? No? EITHER FUCKING WAY. It's not a lot. It's actually pretty fucking easy.
    Look: http://prntscr.com/2jpv9e
    As you can see there, those are 5 HQ sigs, 1 is a tutorial, that can be turn into one of the 4 psds.
    This only took a week. And I skipped today cause of dentist shit .
    There's nooooo fucking excuse as to why you can follow a guideline as simple as this.

    Outline is *not being fucking changed cause it's not that hard. IF YOU REALLY WANNA BE GA, put some fucking effort into it or you're not gonna make it in.
    Simple as that .

    5 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Josh; 01-15-2014 at 04:10 PM.
    Collabo with my boi Artemis :3



  2. #2

    Retired Prophet
    ToxicJew.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    S̢͎̳̞̲͈̪̳̻ͮͩt̟̳̏ͬ̔&#
    Posts
    7,782
    Points
    7,587
         User Info     Contact     Gamer ID
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    S̢͎̳̞̲͈̪̳̻ͮͩt̟̳̏ͬ̔&#
    Posts
    7,782
    Points
    7,587

    Contact info:

    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/kennethbgoodin

    Default

    dayuum

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ ็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

  3. #3
    Art Corner Moderator MejaiDesigns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    3,997
    Points
    1,612
         User Info     Contact     Gamer ID
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    3,997
    Points
    1,612

    Contact info:

    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/ApexDesignsCL

    Default

    I do agree with Josh the Applications are far to easy to get GA In my opinion. I feel like we need to boost them to a higher standard.
    But at the same time we can't raise them to high.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  4. #4
    Jungler Strike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Gotham
    Posts
    6,312
    Points
    9,407
         User Info     Contact     Gamer ID
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Gotham
    Posts
    6,312
    Points
    9,407
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: xSTR11K3Rx Steam ID: xSTRiiK3Rx

    Contact info:

    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/xSTRiiK3Rx/

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Damn. Sure sounds like a lot right? Yes? No? EITHER FUCKING WAY. It's not a lot. It's actually pretty fucking easy.
    Look: http://prntscr.com/2jpv9e
    As you can see there, those are 5 HQ sigs, 1 is a tutorial, that can be turn into one of the 4 psds.
    This only took a week. And I skipped today cause of dentist shit .
    There's nooooo fucking excuse as to why you can follow a guideline as simple as this.

    Outline is *not being fucking changed cause it's not that hard. IF YOU REALLY WANNA BE GA, put some fucking effort into it or you're not gonna make it in.
    Simple as that .
    Are you refferencing to the new outline that had several improvements which gave people a reason to be active in the forum?

    theres a reason the past ga applications haven't done any of that, including blacksuns. because its just asking for stuff that isnt relevant to the application, like looking at the cnc doesn't sway the decision either way. and people literally just take any cnc because its a requirement but its not exactly one which should be there.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    ^Ty goober^
    Quote Originally Posted by xX_BiGFooTT_Xx View Post
    compensate my cock faggot

  5. #5
    destroy herd mentality. goth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,671
    Points
    886
         User Info     Contact     Gamer ID
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,671
    Points
    886

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Strike View Post
    Are you refferencing to the new outline that had several improvements which gave people a reason to be active in the forum?

    theres a reason the past ga applications haven't done any of that, including blacksuns. because its just asking for stuff that isnt relevant to the application, like looking at the cnc doesn't sway the decision either way. and people literally just take any cnc because its a requirement but its not exactly one which should be there.
    A reason to be active? There's like, 5 billion reasons to be active man.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!


  6. #6
    Josh's Avatar

    Badge

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Florida .
    Posts
    10,473
    Points
    11,216
         User Info     Contact     Gamer ID
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Florida .
    Posts
    10,473
    Points
    11,216

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Strike View Post
    Are you refferencing to the new outline that had several improvements which gave people a reason to be active in the forum?

    theres a reason the past ga applications haven't done any of that, including blacksuns. because its just asking for stuff that isnt relevant to the application, like looking at the cnc doesn't sway the decision either way. and people literally just take any cnc because its a requirement but its not exactly one which should be there.
    The only reason that "CnC" is there is because an "admin" recommended it when I made the guidelines in the first place. It should be a test of your graphical knowledge and shit, not just useless "needs better lighting. 8/10"

    I, on a personal level thought Blacksun should have been accepted because the guy knows his shit, it's obvious. Blacksun actually gave me quite a bit of pointers when I started graphics. STARTED! One of the main reasons he got declined tho "Hasn't been on CL long enough". I'm pretty sure nowhere in the application does it say "Must be at Codeleakers for X Amount of time" so why should that be a factor? If he's gonna contribute, makes good art, fills out request, why say no? Idk .

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Collabo with my boi Artemis :3



  7. #7
    Shrek is love, Shrek is life Squish.'s Avatar

    Badge

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    *CANDYLAND*
    Posts
    3,317
    Points
    5,009
         User Info     Contact     Gamer ID
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    *CANDYLAND*
    Posts
    3,317
    Points
    5,009
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: SquishyYum

    Default

    I agree... also did you make that retrospace thing :O ??

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    THANKS GOOBS FOR THE GREAT GIFT!


    ~ GIFTS FROM FRIENDS ~
    JROD ~ VINYL 1 ~ VINYL 2 ~ VIN ~ STRIKE

  8. #8
    Jungler Strike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Gotham
    Posts
    6,312
    Points
    9,407
         User Info     Contact     Gamer ID
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Gotham
    Posts
    6,312
    Points
    9,407
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: xSTR11K3Rx Steam ID: xSTRiiK3Rx

    Contact info:

    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/xSTRiiK3Rx/

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    The only reason that "CnC" is there is because an "admin" recommended it when I made the guidelines in the first place. It should be a test of your graphical knowledge and shit, not just useless "needs better lighting. 8/10"

    I, on a personal level thought Blacksun should have been accepted because the guy knows his shit, it's obvious. Blacksun actually gave me quite a bit of pointers when I started graphics. STARTED! One of the main reasons he got declined tho "Hasn't been on CL long enough". I'm pretty sure nowhere in the application does it say "Must be at Codeleakers for X Amount of time" so why should that be a factor? If he's gonna contribute, makes good art, fills out request, why say no? Idk .
    its really just things that stop people getting accepted, blacksun didnt bother with the cnc + psd's, icamp didnt bother, tezna didnt bother. its not that usefull. people just dont bother with little specifics like that.

    @vinyl yes thats why out of the 8 Ga's we have 4 are active, and barely any activity currently in the Ga forum to how it used to be, great procreative argument.

    ive moved the thread im reffering to to the public forum for more context.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    ^Ty goober^
    Quote Originally Posted by xX_BiGFooTT_Xx View Post
    compensate my cock faggot

  9. #9
    destroy herd mentality. goth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,671
    Points
    886
         User Info     Contact     Gamer ID
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,671
    Points
    886

    Default

    Those artists who aren't active, aren't active in the forum in general. They re inactive because of they're inactive/ want to do something else. Not because of the CnC's and the PSD requirements.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!


  10. #10
    Jungler Strike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Gotham
    Posts
    6,312
    Points
    9,407
         User Info     Contact     Gamer ID
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Gotham
    Posts
    6,312
    Points
    9,407
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: xSTR11K3Rx Steam ID: xSTRiiK3Rx

    Contact info:

    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/xSTRiiK3Rx/

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vinyl View Post
    Those artists who aren't active, aren't active in the forum in general. They re inactive because of they're inactive/ want to do something else. Not because of the CnC's and the PSD requirements.
    *sigh* The Activity was for new members to join in, and I gave a clear example of how it theres no activity.

    "by changing x y and Z to make becoming a ga more rewarding, activity will increase"

    you: "theres 8 million reasons to be active"

    "well half the graphic team is inactive, so wheres the reasons?"

    you: "they arent inactive because of the requirements"

    no sense dude.. I stated the current flow of new graphic artist's joining is low. and There are solutions to make them have more reason to be active / join the group. such as rather than having pressure on making an application, they can be nominated by Ga's. Which obviously means they start posting more to be noticed + in activity, get it?

    My minds actually hurting at the amount of times you take stuff out of context and not even understand it.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    ^Ty goober^
    Quote Originally Posted by xX_BiGFooTT_Xx View Post
    compensate my cock faggot

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -10. The time now is 10:03 AM.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2016 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.