User Info     Contact     Gamer ID

Default Need some physics help

Well my teacher has failed to explain this stuff. So we (yes, 4 of us) are stuck on all of these.
    We get answers, but they don't seem...right. You know?
    Anyway. I took some pics. If you can't tell what they say, let me know and I'll type it all up.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Retired Prophet

Contact info:

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/kennethbgoodin

First of all, get a list of all your formulas for physics (v(t) = what, a(t) = what, etc.).

Then for each problem, 1. draw a diagram and label various parts and 2. take note of what you do and don't have. Then it just becomes simple equation solving.

For example, number 3. mentions an incline; there are formulas specifically for dealing with physics on an incline.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ ็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Quote Originally Posted by ToxicJew. View Post
    First of all, get a list of all your formulas for physics (v(t) = what, a(t) = what, etc.).

Then for each problem, 1. draw a diagram and label various parts and 2. take note of what you do and don't have. Then it just becomes simple equation solving.

For example, number 3. mentions an incline; there are formulas specifically for dealing with physics on an incline.
    Well we've been working through the equations and for some reason they keep coming out different every time. I'll see what I can do now that I'm home and then if I can't figure it out then I will post the equations :P

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: PeerPressure_

Default Need some physics help

Listen use the reference table list all the givens and find a formula that fits. If you take your time and try you will probably get it right. So like I said list all the givens and list what you need to find and look in the tables for the right formula. Also remembering that gravity can be used in certain equations as acceleration could be useful as well. Also if you are doing velocity you can assume v1 is zero if the question states that the object is dropped from rest. For example in number four of the second picture they give you distance and time and angle. The angle doesn't really matter in that one they used it to throw you off. To find time just do v= d\t and then solve for t which is time which has a unit of seconds in this case. Sometimes you will need to use multiple formulas in one problem as well to solve what they ask for so just make sure to read carefully list everything down and stare at your reference tables lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by MerkShot; 03-14-2014 at 05:01 PM.