Dorian S. Nakamoto, the man whom Newsweek claimed is the creator of digital currency bitcoin, hired a lawyer to "clear my name" and issued his strongest denial yet over the weekend.

In the statement dated Monday, which Nakamoto's new lawyer Ethan Kirschner shared with NBC News, Nakamoto repeated some of the sentiments from his previous denials including that he hadn't heard the term "bitcoin" until the Newsweek reporter contacted his son in mid-February.

Nakamoto also stressed his categorical denial of the report: "I did not create, invent or otherwise work on Bitcoin. I unconditionally deny the Newsweek report."
Nakamoto's new statement goes further. He complained his "prospects for gainful employment has been harmed because of Newsweek's article," and that the "false report has been the source of a great deal of confusion and stress" for both him and his family.

It's unclear whether Nakamoto will pursue legal action against Newsweek or its reporter. "We have no comment beyond confirming that we've been retained by Mr. Nakamoto," Kirschner told NBC News.

Nakamoto concluded in his statement: "This will be our last public statement on this matter. I ask that you now respect our privacy."

I doubt this is going to effect Bitcoin too much but I did find this kind of interesting and thought Id share since we have more and more people getting into BTC everyday.