User Info     Contact     Gamer ID

Default 'Most Valuable Tweet in History' Donates $11,000 Worth of Dogecoin to Charity

An anonymous benefactor has donated 14 million dogecoin to a campaign to provide drinking water for parts of drought-stricken Kenya.

What is being called the "by far the most valuable tweet in history" has seen the Doge4Water campaign reach its goal of 40 million dogecoin well ahead of its end date of 22 March - which coincides with World Water Day.

The current value of 14 million dogecoin is $10,920 (6560) meaning that every character of the tweet which donated the virtual currency to the fundraising campaign was worth just over $106.

The identity of the person who donated the dogecoin is unknown, with him/her simply going by the name Hood on Twitter and Reddit. And while some people on the dogecoin thread on Reddit have criticised others for seeking to identify him/her, the anonymous benefactor has said:

"Not to worry about my identity, Reddit friends. I live in the world of proxies, disposable devices, and roaming vehicles."

"I'm here for the greedy"

The mysterious person used @tipdoge to send the 14 million dogecoin to the Doge4Water campaign. Hood's Twitter account was only created on 14 March, with his opening tweet indicating just what his intentions were:

"I am here for the greedy. Taking the crumbs and spreading them to those in need." He went on to say the dogecoin community had "pure intentions" and he wanted to help them out.
    Source- http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/most-valuab...harity-1440565

Aids originally posted a thread about "Hood" right before his big donation. http://www.codeleakers.com/showthrea...coin-subreddit
    I think it's pretty amazing that cryptocurrency has already helped so many needs. Hood and others have helped many people in need of water, hopefully this is the start of something great.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

This is actually very impressive. Never thought someone would do something like this, especially anonymously. Good for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver View Post
    This is actually very impressive. Never thought someone would do something like this, especially anonymously. Good for him.
    Well he's named after a famous thief, he says the money isn't stolen. The best part I like about it is his name and what he represents and how it all ties into cryptocurrency with being anonymous.

If it isn't stolen i wonder how long it took him to mine all that doge :3

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver View Post
    If it isn't stolen i wonder how long it took him to mine all that doge :3
    My best theory is that he received large donations and then he converted it to dogecoins then gave them out. What I think would be cool is if he was one of the starters in buying cryptocurrency who made millions and is now giving back.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage View Post
    My best theory is that he received large donations and then he converted it to dogecoins then gave them out. What I think would be cool is if he was one of the starters in buying cryptocurrency who made millions and is now giving back.
    That would be insane. Either that or he just has dozens of scrypt miners going ham 24/7 making tons of money