Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    I agree. MatthewH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,481
    Points
    15,810
         User Info     Contact     Gamer ID
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,481
    Points
    15,810

    Default In Need Of Doom Textures

    Well, the title really says it. I'm in need of all the textures used in Doom (the first one). Is there any way I could get them or does someone happen to have them? I've been searching but have had no luck.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!


  2. #2
    Designer
    Programmer
    Smiley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Behind You
    Posts
    1,081
    Points
    1,463
         User Info     Contact     Gamer ID
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Behind You
    Posts
    1,081
    Points
    1,463

    Default

    Looking on the DOOM site I ran across this interesting thread on this subject.

    Don't know if you have the original game, but it looks like you might need it, or maybe someone else will do this for you.

    Read this. http://www.doomworld.com/vb/doom-edi...doom-textures/

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I did it for the lulz.
    I did it for the lulz.
    I did it for the lulz.

  3. #3
    I agree. MatthewH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,481
    Points
    15,810
         User Info     Contact     Gamer ID
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,481
    Points
    15,810

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smiley View Post
    Looking on the DOOM site I ran across this interesting thread on this subject.

    Don't know if you have the original game, but it looks like you might need it, or maybe someone else will do this for you.

    Read this. http://www.doomworld.com/vb/doom-edi...doom-textures/
    Awesome! Thank you very much! How did I not see that thread already? Hm. Oh well.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!


  4. #4
    Designer
    Programmer
    Smiley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Behind You
    Posts
    1,081
    Points
    1,463
         User Info     Contact     Gamer ID
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Behind You
    Posts
    1,081
    Points
    1,463

    Default

    No prob. You might have just been thinking too much about it. Happens to me sometimes.. I over think something, and the answer is right in front of me.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I did it for the lulz.
    I did it for the lulz.
    I did it for the lulz.

  5. #5
    I agree. MatthewH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,481
    Points
    15,810
         User Info     Contact     Gamer ID
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,481
    Points
    15,810

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smiley View Post
    No prob. You might have just been thinking too much about it. Happens to me sometimes.. I over think something, and the answer is right in front of me.
    I have Doom95. The port for the original Doom since it won't work on OSs past XP (maybe won't even work on XP).
    However, I can't find a WAD extractor that will work for me.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!


  6. #6
    Designer
    Programmer
    Smiley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Behind You
    Posts
    1,081
    Points
    1,463
         User Info     Contact     Gamer ID
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Behind You
    Posts
    1,081
    Points
    1,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coldfire202 View Post
    I have Doom95. The port for the original Doom since it won't work on OSs past XP (maybe won't even work on XP).
    However, I can't find a WAD extractor that will work for me.
    Not even on that DOOM forum where someone posted a link to some extractors?

    Nothing on this page worked?

    http://www.doomworld.com/classicdoom/utils/editors.php

    Look under:
    - Graphics, Sounds and Music WAD Editors.
    - They said to use: XWE (last on list).

    But I don't know if you're running Windows, MacOS, Linux/Unix, DOS. They have progs for all OS's.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Smiley; 04-23-2014 at 04:31 AM.
    I did it for the lulz.
    I did it for the lulz.
    I did it for the lulz.

  7. #7
    I agree. MatthewH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,481
    Points
    15,810
         User Info     Contact     Gamer ID
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,481
    Points
    15,810

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smiley View Post
    Not even on that DOOM forum where someone posted a link to some extractors?

    Nothing on this page worked?

    http://www.doomworld.com/classicdoom/utils/editors.php

    Look under:
    - Graphics, Sounds and Music WAD Editors.
    - They said to use: XWE (last on list).

    But I don't know if you're running Windows, MacOS, Linux/Unix, DOS. They have progs for all OS's.
    Not anything that really works. However, I tried SLumped and it did work. It extracted them as a lump file (.lmp). I'm using a tool right now that should convert it, but it's also being meh! Oh well. A little more work and I should be good to go.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!


Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -10. The time now is 10:12 PM.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2017 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.