User Info     Contact     Gamer ID
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: minnesotastyle

Contact info:

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/user/codeleakerforums

Default Columbine-level massacre averted in Waseca, Minnesota

I'm sitting here at my computer in my home by the lake. The sunset is reflecting off the lake. It's gorgeous. Everything is gorgeous to me right now. It's sad that it has taken this to show me how to appreciate things. How to be thankful for anything, from my family...to my Shrek 2 party CD sitting next to me.

Most of you who remember me know I'm proudly from Minnesota. Most of probably do not know that I live in a small town called Waseca.

You have probably seen it on NBC, but in my town of less than 9,000 people, an attempt to kill a large fraction of the population's youth, including myself, has been stopped.

John LaDue, a Junior at my highschool, had made detailed plans to kill his family and come to our school and to kill as many of us as he could. He planned to do it in the next two weeks.

You can read the article from NBC http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...ice-say-n95736 or my local newspaper, http://www.southernminn.com/waseca_county_news/ which has a better story in my opinion.

I knew this kid. I went to park and rec with him when I was young. We talked about how much he loved to play guitar, and he is still a good guitar player to this day. He was quiet, respectable, and friendly. I can't imagine what would have driven him to do this.

I go to a great school with fantastic teachers. The calculus teacher, a great woman, made huge efforts to make him feel welcomed and loved. I just want you all to know, that the game you played on your phone instead of listening to a story some weirdo had to tell you, could have killed all of your friends. We are as much in fault as John is, as a society.

We got done with a community meeting in the highschool that could have had the blood of my friends on the wall. We answered questions about what we can do to make school a safer place. We talked about locking doors, installing metal detectors...all things that we could buy to give us a false sense of security. But despite those ideas, we as a collective body agreed that it boiled to one preventative measure. Our parents communicating to us. One lady said it well, "we need to put our phones down and stop trying to be our kid's friends, but be their parents instead."

I was walking out of the meeting when it finally hit me that I could be dead in the hallway. The Waseca Bluejays will never be the same. My town has gone through more tragedy than others. We will make it out of this, and we will be stronger than ever.

So I'll end it by saying this. Tell your family you love them. Ask the quiet nerd what book he's reading. Love your friends. Love your enemies just as much. The world can be a bad place, but it's all we have.

I'm going to dance around my house listening to Shrek, because I'm alive in this beautiful life.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Bad Company

Badge

I had a nice long paragraph typed out for ya but my Internet pooped and I lost it. I feel ya bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Iced View Post
    Red 58 = Swoot (Reincarnated)
    Quote Originally Posted by GOOBER View Post
    Terr0r you need a Gecko. Lets go to the Pet store and buy one
    Quote Originally Posted by ABlackGuy View Post
    He may not have a soul but he still has a brain. Unlike Russ who has neither.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: minnesotastyle

Contact info:

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/user/codeleakerforums

Thanks Red.

Contact info:

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/

WOW. that's nuts. I'm glad you're okay man.