Something seems to be happening behind the scenes at Naughty Dog. Two days ago The Last of Us Game Director Bruce Straley took to Twitter to express his appreciation for a prototype a designer was sketching:
I got goosebumps playing & talking thru a prototype a designer was sketching in yesterday! Thats how I know #GonnaBeAwesome

Today Marek Okon, a freelance concept artist that worked on several pieces of artwork for the game, posted on his Facebook account the work in progress artwork you can see above, as discovered by Reddit user im_stuuuhpid.
Let me tease you something Its coming ;]

The artwork definitely looks like a grown-up version of Ellie holding a Guitar, and if you played The Last of Us youll probably remember about Joel and Ellie having a certain conversation about Guitar lessons
While we have no evidence that the two teases are indeed related with one another, or that Okons artwork does indeed portray Ellie, the timing is extremely interesting. Could they really be a glimpse on things to come for The Last of Us series?
Of course even if we assume that the artwork may be related to The Last of Us, it could be for everything, including comics and graphic novels. As a matter of fact, it could even be a personal project by Ikon, so for the moment we should take this with the customary pinch of salt and stand by for official information.
Yet, I cant say this isnt intriguing.
Update: Marek Okon just posted an update on facebook:
Lol. This is how you know you are teasing your stuff the right way
So before its gonna get blown out of proportions its gonna be strictly personal image.
Is it about TLOU2? Not really Maybe Its classified ;P
But seriously its gonna be just a fan art ;]

He still seems to be teasing something, but we cant know for sure if he actually knows something about a possible sequel (he worked on the game, after all) or not. But there you have it, straight from the lions mouth. At this stage your guess about it is as good as mine. Way to play with our feelings Marek!
One thing is for sure: Straley isnt teasing fan art, so something is indeed happening, whatever it is.