Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MonsterCat
    Insan3Lik3
         User Info     Contact     Gamer ID

Contact info:

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/CheeseToastHax

Default What do you think about the iPod (sound quality)? Whats better then the iPod?

I got myself an iPod Nano 7g, and I'll have to admit, I'm pretty disappointed. Why you ask? Well I payed quite a bit of money for an mp3 player and it doesn't have much bass, the sound isn't 'full', it's 2D not 3D. It just seems so limiting. Sure, it's light, you can track your steps, you can listen to the radio, it's small, ect, ect.. But at the end of the day, why do I care? I bought an iPod for two reasons.. to listen to good quality sound, and to listen to it for a long time. It makes me disapointed that I payed 130$ for headphones and an iPod when I could have used my android (which I'm sure is better). Want to test it's quality? Take a good quality pair of headphones and plug it into your computer play something that has lots of sounds, good bass, ect. Then try the iPod (Not saying an iPod can be as clear as a computer but know what your missing out on).

I'm sure the 7th Gen Nano is worse then a Touch because of it's size. I expect some people to be biased and say that the iPod is the top of the line product (which is inevitable), but I disagree respectively.

I was looking at the ZEN X-Fi3, has anybody tried a ZEN product first hand?

I appreciate the feedback.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "It's better to lose an argument/debate then to win. Cause when you lose you grow as a person."
    -CheeseToast

Wii U Gamer
    Mira Nigga
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ItsMeGaryA Steam ID: garyworldsofgaming Wii Code: Its-Me-Gary

Contact info:

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/garyworldsofgaming Kik Username: iamgarya

Hey, Did you ever tried just changing the sound of the music in the setting like they will have something like Jazz, electric, rock, bass boost, and etc. (I forgot the name but I seen that setting in iphone/ipod touch before)

How about a MP3 player Zune? I have the first gen Zune and In my opinion I love the sound of the music. I not sure what you looking for when it come to sound quality. All I know is when I use the Zune, I go to the setting and put electric so it can be louder and have more bass.

BTW, I use Skullcandy headphone. I have Skullcandy hesh 2 (GREAT HEADPHONE) and Skullcandy Crasher (A LOT OF BASS). I use hesh 2 a lot because I don't want mess up my Crasher.

If you thinking about getting a Zune. Get the latest one called Zune HD. They don't have a lot of app but they are great when it comes to sound. (my father own one of these.)

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by QubaN View Post
    this is why i rarely post.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: wieisjason

I have never had that any device affects the way my headphones sound so I cant help you with this, I used both Apple and android products as well as a laptop obviously.
    That's what youre saying right or do you mean the audio of the device itself, like.. The speakers?

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Rank does not confer power or privilege, it imposes responsibility."

Badge

Gamer IDs

Wii Code: schitzotm

Contact info:

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/

Quote Originally Posted by CheeseToast View Post
    I got myself an iPod Nano 7g, and I'll have to admit, I'm pretty disappointed. Why you ask? Well I payed quite a bit of money for an mp3 player and it doesn't have much bass, the sound isn't 'full', it's 2D not 3D. It just seems so limiting. Sure, it's light, you can track your steps, you can listen to the radio, it's small, ect, ect.. But at the end of the day, why do I care? I bought an iPod for two reasons.. to listen to good quality sound, and to listen to it for a long time. It makes me disapointed that I payed 130$ for headphones and an iPod when I could have used my android (which I'm sure is better). Want to test it's quality? Take a good quality pair of headphones and plug it into your computer play something that has lots of sounds, good bass, ect. Then try the iPod (Not saying an iPod can be as clear as a computer but know what your missing out on).

I'm sure the 7th Gen Nano is worse then a Touch because of it's size. I expect some people to be biased and say that the iPod is the top of the line product (which is inevitable), but I disagree respectively.

I was looking at the ZEN X-Fi3, has anybody tried a ZEN product first hand?

I appreciate the feedback.
    The little ipods are matched with the earbuds they come with. I don't think they can produce the wattage needed for a good set of big headphones.
    Also you only paid 130.00 what exactly do you expect for a low priced electronic device?
    Those things were designed to be on the move. You wouldn't go jogging with a set of turtle beach headphones on would ya?
    They produce very decent sound through their ear buds. Other than that you won't get great sound by under powering headphones.

ifndef FaTaL-is-God [else] define Grace-U
    class Grace-U < Formula
    system bin/"grace-ubat"
    brew install grace-u
    endif //BM\Uffffffff\Uffffffff\Uffffffff\Uffffffff4 s\Uffffffff\Uffffffff\Uffffffff\UffffffffbR\Ufffff fff\Uffffffff\Uffffffff\UffffffffB\Uffffffff\Uffff ffffb"\u7d98\Uffffffff4\Uffffffff\Uffffffff\Ufffff fffq8[Z\Uffffffff\Uffffffff=\Uffffffffm \Uffffffff
    \Uffffffff\Uffffffff\Uffffffffy\Uffffffff\Ufffffff f

~ Hyrule's Savior ~

Contact info:

Youtube Channel: http://www.YouTube.Com/ReTrOSlink

Quote Originally Posted by Tenza View Post
    I have never had that any device affects the way my headphones sound so I cant help you with this, I used both Apple and android products as well as a laptop obviously.
    That's what youre saying right or do you mean the audio of the device itself, like.. The speakers?
    ^^^ this.

The device shouldn't affect your headphones sound quality. You may notice that different devices can make the audio louder than others, but it's only slightly.

I gave up on Nano's after 5th gen.

iPod touches aren't that bad.

But at the end of the day, android is the way to go. (Vs. any iOS device).

Last edited by link; 05-10-2014 at 05:22 AM.
    #gamedevelopment

Bad Company

Badge

Apple likes to scam you. Shit products for high prices. Chances are if you're reading this my web browser crashed 3+ times before finally getting it to send.

Quote Originally Posted by Iced View Post
    Red 58 = Swoot (Reincarnated)
    Quote Originally Posted by GOOBER View Post
    Terr0r you need a Gecko. Lets go to the Pet store and buy one
    Quote Originally Posted by ABlackGuy View Post
    He may not have a soul but he still has a brain. Unlike Russ who has neither.

Retired Prophet

Contact info:

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/kennethbgoodin

Every iPod has the same audio frequency range (afaik). If something sounds worse, check the quality of the sound file itself. And @FatalError, you don't need to worry about whether your device is powerful enough to use with headphones unless they're ridiculous audiophile ones, like ones that need an amp.

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ ็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: wieisjason

Quote Originally Posted by RED 58 View Post
    Apple likes to scam you. Shit products for high prices. Chances are if you're reading this my web browser crashed 3+ times before finally getting it to send.
    Being both apple and adroid user, both have it's pros and cons.
    For one, apples simplicity and easy interface, android all the apps and .apks and direct downloads.

"Rank does not confer power or privilege, it imposes responsibility."

Bad Company

Badge

Quote Originally Posted by Tenza View Post
    Being both apple and adroid user, both have it's pros and cons.
    For one, apples simplicity and easy interface, android all the apps and .apks and direct downloads.
    Well yes but I hate both. I'm happy with a flip phone with no Internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Iced View Post
    Red 58 = Swoot (Reincarnated)
    Quote Originally Posted by GOOBER View Post
    Terr0r you need a Gecko. Lets go to the Pet store and buy one
    Quote Originally Posted by ABlackGuy View Post
    He may not have a soul but he still has a brain. Unlike Russ who has neither.

Claptrap Fan
    Automotive Aficionado

Badge

Change your equalizer up. I haven't noticed a difference whatsoever between any products music related that I've owned. Some of them being an iPod Touch, some shitty phone, my current Android phone, laptop etc.

Another issue may be the quality of the song you're listening to. You can hear a big difference in a track that's 128kb/s as opposed to one that's 320kb/s. Grab some Skullcandy earbuds while you're at it.

[HOONIGAN]