User Info     Contact     Gamer ID
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: PeerPressure_

Default Pokemon Emulator Tutorial

So in honor of this pokemon section I figure I'll just make an in depth tutorial on getting emulators on your PC and such. I know this has already been posted somewhere but why not get one started here in the pokemon section so here we go.

1.) Your first step is to open up you web browser and go to the following website coolrom.com.This website pretty much has everything you need for emulators, which simulate the gaming console, and roms, which you can pretty much think of a digital copy of the game you want to play.

2.) Step two is to choose your emulator(system) that you want to play. Obviously if you are a classic kind of guy/girl I would go for the Nintendo 64 emulator, "Project 64" being the best, with a rom of Pokemon Stadium 1 or Stadium 2 (or both). If you are somewhat more modern or are like me and only really know the old pokemon then I would suggest a nice gameboy advance emulator. One very nice emulator for that is called VBA or visual boy advance. With the VBA program I'd suggest downloading the myriad of pokemon games at your disposal. Emerald, Ruby, Fire Red, Leaf Green, Sapphire, the possibilites or almost endless. Then for the most modern of all you can download the nintendo ds emulator called DeSmuMe. Understand that the DS emulators and roms can be glitchy at times and specific settings are needed for them to work at times. If you have trouble loading or saving your pokemon i would suggest looking at the saving settings. Each program has features that are amazing so when you download them just look at the features. VBA can actually record gameplay, and no$gba and code games (for gameshark and other types of codes).

3.) After you have downloaded your chosen emulator and rom go ahead and unzip the emulator file and the rom file you just downloaded. You can either open the rom through VBA or whatever emulator you chose, or you can just drag the rom to the program and voila. Each emulator has several save slots that you can save to if you want to be safe, and each emulator is for the most part compatible with cheat codes.

4.) Have fun! There are super speed options and other options like i told you guys about earlier. VBA shortcut for superspeed should be spacebar.

Remember: Emulator= system or console.
    Rom= the game itself in digital form.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

User Info     Contact     Gamer ID
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: wieisjason

I dont know this is more like general how2get an emulator instead of full explanation about the game's rom itself
    I like your input tho dont get me wrong

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Rank does not confer power or privilege, it imposes responsibility."