User Info     Contact     Gamer ID
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: PeerPressure_

Exclamation Guideines For Posting New Codes 2014[Read before Posting a Code]

Lately I have been seeing a lot of people posting codes without being tested, without having pictures, and without having video. So I just want to give the few code makers left on here a few general guide lines since everything is a little old here this pretty much kind of repeats past rules but apparently some users cant seem to find them so I'll just say the most important rules that are relevant to right now.

- Generally before you post a code you should look up the address(s) being posted. By looking these addresses up on google, or any other search engine, it prevents you the code maker from unintentionally stealing any code(s). IF you do look the address up and there are people who have already found it you MUST include their name where you put credit along with yours. If you are unsure who has made it but know it has been found then just go ahead and say "Credit to whoever made this code" or something along those lines. Doing these simple steps helps improve your reputation, saves me work,and helps solidify your status as a coder. Stealing addresses always prevents your growth as a coder and causes a lack of trust between other users and yourselves.

- The next guideline I want to put here is to test the code out. This should probably be done even before you look up the address and see if it was found or not. TEST your codes or have AT LEAST two or three people test them and see if they have the desired effect or any effect at all. Posting untested codes is a hassle for members depending on you for codes. IF you cannot test the code yourself have other people test it for you as I just stated above. Also if you have tested the code, please make sure to say so on your thread. A statement like, "These codes have been tested and work" will suffice. Just let everyone know you have tried it out and everything is all good.

- This third guideline pretty much goes to everyone trying to post a code. It is always a plus seeing proof of a code when you post it. So, when you try to post a code, please include screenshots of the codes effects, or a video. If you cannot take screenshots, or cannot take a video, have a trusted friend or someone here willing to help do it for you. Even taking a picture with a camera or phone could suffice. It does not need to be ideal quality, the picture just has to prove that the code actually does what you say it does. Seeing this proof of code makes it easier for both me and all other people trying out the code to see what it does and if it is functional.

- This last guideline just kind of covers how a coding thread should be handled. IF one of your coding threads begins to get out of hand, or is getting spammed please send me either a visitor message or probably a PM to keep people from knowing you did it. Talking trash about who is the better coder or who releases what does not belong in a thread of a code. This takes away attention from the code, and the coder. If things get out of hand or you wish to talk to someone about it make a flame thread or take it to PM's not the thread.

I will sticky this thread as it is a guideline some people have requested. These are just some basic guidelines most people expect to be followed. Please read all of the above over and make sure you try to stick to these guidelines. This is mostly for the new coders who claim they had no idea what to do. So now there is a thread telling you what to do. Please enjoy and keep coding for fun.
    Sincerely,
    Merkk

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by MerkShot; 07-08-2014 at 10:10 PM.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: LlamaJewBomba Wii Code: xBoMb3r

Contact info:

Kik Username: themaniac007

This is the same thing as what Strike and RED 58 posted except this is just one forum.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: PeerPressure_

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    This is the same thing as what Strike and RED 58 posted except this is just one forum.
    I am aware as I said that in my introduction. Some new "coders" claim to have not been told anything so I just made a thread to say the rules and make sure that they are followed

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!