User Info     Contact     Gamer ID

Default Picked up a Moto X (1st Gen)

Pretty neat phone, just so happens that my two year contract renewal hit the same day my Galaxy S3 falls out of my phone holder mount on my bike and gets ran over by my back tire.

Terrible thing to happen, but I like the semi-upgrade. Comes with 4.4 stock, new features, came out last year, .2 ghz faster than my S3, and better GPU. No physical buttons for home/back/settings, so have to get use to that. Screen is .1inches smaller, big deal right?

US Cellular store tried to get me to get a iPhone 5C for 0.01$, gave him the stare of death like seriously. Apple fanbois, pft. He kept boasting his iPhone 6 Plus while I was like "Dude, hurry the fuck up. I got shit to do and places to be, can I get someone else to help me? Please shut up."

Paid 55$ for the phone and a 50$ new phone activation fee, but my two year contract renewal dropped the phone's price down to 49.99$ +tax from 350$ I think. Website has the phone going for a 0.01$ though, but it's a "certified used phone" and takes a week to ship.

Kinda like how smooth it is, checking to see if I can't put CyanogenMod CM11 on it. But it seems everyone else is only messing with different providers and not USCell.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Curret n3wbit
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SSRunts PSN ID: DCCoexist Steam ID: dcrunts

Bum. Bum. Bum. Another one bites the dust.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

"Sense is not made like money, sense is had like heart, pride, and integrity."~Russ

Moto is owned by Google now, so this is almost just like a Nexus with a Motorola emblem on the back.

The stock android on it (4.4.2) is barebones, no real bloatware, not designed to be shiny and blingy. So almost exactly like the Nexus stuff.

This is how I unlocked the bootloader, installed a custom recovery, and rooted my phone. All steps for other models here: http://www.reddit.com/r/MotoX/commen...x_root_thread/

I had to do the steps for the Developer Edition of my phone because I had gone ahead and did the OTA update for 4.4.2 from 4.4, this locks the bootloader.

Motorola is awesome enough to give you the unlock code for the bootloader on their website after you get the unlock data and paste it into their site.

Code:
    Developer Edition
    Okay, so let's start with the easiest one, the Developer Edition. It does not matter which Android version you have, because the process is the same for all of them. This process will not void your warranty.
        1. Unlock your bootloader.
        2. If your phone is turned on, power it off. After it is powered completely off, hold Volume Down and Power for         about 5-10 seconds. Release them, and you should see the bootloader screen. It says "AP Fastboot Flash         Mode (S)" at the top.
        3. Plug your phone into your computer. If Windows installs any more drivers, just let it finish.
        4. Download the TWRP recovery from the link found here.
        5. Put the img file in the folder with your fastboot.exe file.
        6. Open a command window and type this, then hit Enter:
    fastboot flash recovery twrp-2.6.3.1-ghost-4.4.img  
        7. On your phone, use Volume Down to scroll down to Recovery, and hit Volume Up to select it. The phone will         reboot into Recovery. You should see something that looks like this (the version number at the top will be         different).
        8. Hit Reboot, and then System. The phone will reboot back into Android.
        9. Download SuperSU to your phone.
       10. Reboot to Recovery by following step 2, then step 7.
       11. Hit Install, then find the SuperSU zip you downloaded, and select it. Confirm the install, and wait for it to         finish. Reboot to system.
       12. You should now have root. You can check this with a root check app or something that requires root.

I'ma Fuckin Scalie

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: XEFDragon Steam ID: SketchyDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Digger View Post
    Motorola is awesome enough to give you the unlock code for the bootloader on their website after you get the unlock data and paste it into their site.

damn you're lucky. that never worked for me.

Quote Originally Posted by OSaMaBiNLoGiN View Post
    HOLY SHIT KILL YOURSELF
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuck Sky View Post
    Are you fucking retarded