Were you hoping for the Majora's Mask soundtrack in Majora's Mask 3D to get overhauled? Maybe a digital re-orchestration? Koji Kondo has shed light on this and states rather plainly they didn't do anything of the sort. They cleaned up the audio, just like they did in Ocarina of Time 3D, along with some re-balancing to suit the 3DS speakers versus TV speakers. For the most part however, the game will sound exactly as it did back in 2000. Here's what Koji Kondo said when asked about the music in Majora's Mask 3D:

Quote Originally Posted by Koji Kondo View Post
Actually, with Majora, we thought it was really important to protect the feeling of the game because the music was tied so well to the original gameplay. We've done some clean up on the audio quality, but the music itself we haven't changed.

We did some rebalancing, of course, to make it sound good on the Nintendo 3DS. Before you were hearing it out of your TV speakers, and we just needed to do some rebalancing for that now that it's on a handheld."
Source: http://www.zeldainformer.com/news/ma...g#.VI-wWMko7qB

Here's where I start to post stuff about Majora's Mask 3D. This is my favorite game in the LoZ series, and I am so happy after a long wait to finally hear that this game is announced (announced in the latest Nintendo Direct). The music indeed correlates with the games horror and spooky feel, so it's all good if they kept the music the same.

Will keep y'all updated on MM3D!