Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Minimum Wage

User Info     Contact     Gamer ID
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: BearsNR5

Default Minimum Wage

What are your thoughts on raising the minimum wage throughout the USA?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Bad Company

Badge

Anyone wanting $15 an hour for flipping burgers is an idiot who should stick to flipping burgers because he has no idea how the real world works.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Iced View Post
    Red 58 = Swoot (Reincarnated)
    Quote Originally Posted by GOOBER View Post
    Terr0r you need a Gecko. Lets go to the Pet store and buy one
    Quote Originally Posted by ABlackGuy View Post
    He may not have a soul but he still has a brain. Unlike Russ who has neither.

7$ is the price of a big mac with large soda, that's how much I expect the people making them to be paid.

Las Vegas 702
    Lakers 4 Life.

Quote Originally Posted by RED 58 View Post
    Anyone wanting $15 an hour for flipping burgers is an idiot who should stick to flipping burgers because he has no idea how the real world works.
    It's all about the costs of living when it comes down to it.. In California the costs of living is more expensive so minimum wages go up. My cousin said he makes $10.00 an hour now at McDonalds. Everything balances out though and it's really as if he was getting paid $8.00 somewhere else in the U.S. Lol that $15 an hour for flipping burgers might actually happen one day so don't count it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Originality View Post
    If I gave you a dollar everyday for the amount of fucks I give daily, then you would be broke

~ Originality

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Poontang View Post
    It's all about the costs of living when it comes down to it.. In California the costs of living is more expensive so minimum wages go up. My cousin said he makes $10.00 an hour now at McDonalds. Everything balances out though and it's really as if he was getting paid $8.00 somewhere else in the U.S. Lol that $15 an hour for flipping burgers might actually happen one day so don't count it out.
    He is right. I know it doesn't seem right giving a minimum skilled worker more than $8.00 an hour but unfortunately that is what its going to take to get our economy back up. If you raise the minimum wage, you decrease the amount of families on welfare, which in the long run promotes growth in our economy. They will have more spending money to help bring back the economy.

Las Vegas 702
    Lakers 4 Life.

Quote Originally Posted by Burton View Post
    He is right. I know it doesn't seem right giving a minimum skilled worker more than $8.00 an hour but unfortunately that is what its going to take to get our economy back up. If you raise the minimum wage, you decrease the amount of families on welfare, which in the long run promotes growth in our economy. They will have more spending money to help bring back the economy.
    It also varies from state to state. A person working at McDonalds in Florida might make $8.00 as opposed to someone who makes $10.00 working at McDonalds living in California.. But you're right raising minimum wage all over the U.S would help the economy in the long run but the greedy republicans doesn't want that to happen.. That's a whole other topic in itself though...

Quote Originally Posted by Originality View Post
    If I gave you a dollar everyday for the amount of fucks I give daily, then you would be broke

~ Originality

Gamer IDs

Scratch their backs a little and they will scratch yours right back

Badge

Gamer IDs

Wii Code: schitzotm

Contact info:

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/

Wow, such big solutions with such little understanding.
    Let's take a look at this. If minimum wages are raised the cost for those things they make/cook/ect will go up. Thus in order for other people to afford those things they too will have to get pay raises. Then the companies they work for will have to increase their prices. Then you'll be in the same boat as before but just make a larger hourly number. Thus the value of a dollar will go down.
    It's not rocket science. I own a business to make one thing and one thing only, and that is money. If I pay you more money and still want to make money myself then I will have to raise my prices. Plain and simple. Then when I raise my prices others will have to pay their people more money to cover the cost increases from me. Then they will also have to raise their prices to still make money themselves. An example, big mac value meal cost $7.00 currently. If we take your minimum wage from 7 to 15 that same big mac value meal will then increase to $15.00. (provided someone doesn't try to take a little extra for this increase and charge $17.00) I mean seriously where in the hell do you think this money comes from? It isn't magic, there is no money tree. The money comes from the product sold. And if you think that people that start businesses shouldn't make money then I invite you to start a business and take no money from it. And let's see how long you keep that thought. Hell even not for profit businesses still pay the owner. The business just never makes profit. The owner takes a CEO position within the not for profit company and gets a paycheck. Seriously, lowering the value of a dollar more than it currently is worth is just a dumb idea globally. It will hurt this economy far more than it will ever help it.
    Hell the only people it may help would be those that come here to work illegally, live with 30 other people, then take their money back to their country. That is all.

Fatal Error.

ifndef FaTaL-is-God [else] define Grace-U
    class Grace-U < Formula
    system bin/"grace-ubat"
    brew install grace-u
    endif //BM\Uffffffff\Uffffffff\Uffffffff\Uffffffff4 s\Uffffffff\Uffffffff\Uffffffff\UffffffffbR\Ufffff fff\Uffffffff\Uffffffff\UffffffffB\Uffffffff\Uffff ffffb"\u7d98\Uffffffff4\Uffffffff\Uffffffff\Ufffff fffq8[Z\Uffffffff\Uffffffff=\Uffffffffm \Uffffffff
    \Uffffffff\Uffffffff\Uffffffffy\Uffffffff\Ufffffff f

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: PeerPressure_

Fatals was too long but from what i read hes right. Yall dont really know economics if you dont take it which is ok, but the more money you put into the economy, the more the inflation rate (price of everything) will rise. When the price of everything rises, people buy less, when they buy less, companies produce less, when companies produce less they fire employees. Raising the amount of money people make per hour wont do much, yeah you have a bigger number of dollars, but those dollars will not relate into being able to get anything more than what you had before.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: TheAdmiral303

Contact info:

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCREc2hm6GvtwKn3l0eJ2dwA

I don't think it will matter either way since it'll just balance itself out as it was without the wage boost. Wages go up for everyone, the taxes go up as if I'm assuming.

Go to http://bit.ly/1C01ZFM for custom modded controllers for Xbox One, PS4, Xbox 360 and PS3! Use the promo code: THEADMIRAL303 for your discount!

Get a pair of the best gaming glasses: http://bit.ly/1AKk3El

Bitcoin:
    16SeT5wqZRHoxPyEwD8HqjCa3xq5858RD4