Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Nooblet
         User Info     Contact     Gamer ID

Contact info:

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/

Default Custom Minecraft Client

Does anyone know a great resource link on how to create a custom minecraft client? I am wanting to learn how to do this I have watched some YouTube videos but they all are really old and not codded in a good way I would like to learn how to inject or hook minecraft to have a custom client to do things like chest esp and have a light level overlay an image on the ground of numbers from 0 - 15 depending on the bocks light level sort of like the 1.6.4 version of the forge mod light level overlay, have something like KaboPC village marker mod, and a mini map with waypoints and I would like to learn this for minecraft 1.8

automation of certain minecraft commands like /fill

I know I could just download lightloader or forge and just add the mods if thy are updated but I would like to learn how to code them and I figured a hacked cient would be a good place to learn how to manipulate minecraft code.

Thanks in advance
    Richard

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Desu Development
    Pomf pomf :3
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hexpresso PSN ID: WideDongWeary Steam ID: twitchhexpresso

Contact info:

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/ Kik Username: Wownicehack

Hacked clients are the worst way to learn, it's how I learned. You can't broaden your knowledge much at all. You'll figure out how to manipulate other's code, not write your own.

geadszf1231qewrg

Nooblet

Contact info:

Quote Originally Posted by 5ky View Post
    Hacked clients are the worst way to learn, it's how I learned. You can't broaden your knowledge much at all. You'll figure out how to manipulate other's code, not write your own.
    I am also doing java projects on the side. I know you only learn so much from modifying others code but what you put is really no help and even off topic of what I asked for I asked for some resource links and stuff not your opion of how I go about learning to code.

But I respect your opion Thanks fr the input.

Last edited by rtester; 02-18-2015 at 01:59 PM. Reason: typos and mispellings

Suicidal Thoughts
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xINSTANT CRUSHx Steam ID: xatmospherex

Quote Originally Posted by rtester View Post
    I am also doing java projects on the side I know you only learn so much from modifying others code but what you put is really no help and even off topic of what I asked for I asked for some resource links and stuff not your opion of how I go about learning to code.
    Calm the fuck down newbie. Sky knows what he is talking about when it comes to Java, I would listen to him and take his advice.

Protip: Get out of java, it sucks

Desu Development
    Pomf pomf :3
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hexpresso PSN ID: WideDongWeary Steam ID: twitchhexpresso

Contact info:

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/ Kik Username: Wownicehack

Quote Originally Posted by ch3wt0ys View Post
    Java's gr8.

Quote Originally Posted by rtester View Post
    I am also doing java projects on the side. I know you only learn so much from modifying others code but what you put is really no help and even off topic of what I asked for I asked for some resource links and stuff not your opion of how I go about learning to code.

But I respect your opion Thanks fr the input.
    Your client will be shit and you won't learn anything. I tried to be somewhat nice, but that's fact.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    geadszf1231qewrg

Nooblet

Contact info:

Stil no useful information why is it so hard to just lead someone to soem resources then to just write some useless stuff even though you all say it will be shit so what if it is shit so what if in your opion I wont learn something. it ok if you all say that but put something useful in your post that will make me a better coder YOU all started where I am and you all did exactly as I am doing even sky in the first post said that is how he lkearned so if he knows what hes / shes talkiong about he / she broke out of the I locked only int modifing other people code I can do the same It is how everyone learns to code mater of fact it how they teach you to code in school looking at other peoples code and modifing it to see what it does all I am asking is for some links or resources where I can learn what I want. I already know liteloader and forge modding from a mod I am making I would like to learn how to make my own client no to grief but I see what some of them hacked clients can do and I would like to see if I can turn some of the features into a building client example to automatically dig out areas for witchfarms and slime farms but leave the resources most of the ones I see out there just replaces the blocks with air. So I ask again would anyone give me some resourse links, tutoral links or even some help with finding info out on the new 1.8.1 / 1.8.2 code. and I was being nice and was calmed down, I am one of the most chiled persons on earth, and I speak my mind for the last 49 years that I have been on this earth. that is one reason I hate typing stuff out because everyone always seem to get the gist of the message wrong. and for being a newbiw yes I am and proud of it because we all start out as a newbie some point in our life.

Nooblet

Contact info:

Quote Originally Posted by ch3wt0ys View Post
    LMAO everyone says that about every language. Java is going to soar in the future with the web growing and the adroid market, Java is in most every thing we buy nowadays that runs on electric or batteries.

Starting with Minecraft clients will lead to no real knowledge of the language. You are modifying someone else's work, not creating your own. Want to really learn it? Make your own game.
    If you realize, all the good Minecraft clients and the paid ones are all made by people with a background of Java and they have a foundational knowledge of how it works. With that knowledge, they applied it to a Minecraft client and learned the ins and outs of that.

So my opinion. Sure stay with Java, it can be useful. Although with .Net going multi-platform and open-source (maybe) soon, Java may get surpassed in rankings and .Net languages may overtake everything. Anyway, don't start with Minecraft. Learn how to use the language, then go to Minecraft.
    If you really want to, I think ToxicJew still has his Minecraft series up.

Nooblet

Contact info:

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfire202 View Post
    Starting with Minecraft clients will lead to no real knowledge of the language. You are modifying someone else's work, not creating your own. Want to really learn it? Make your own game.
    If you realize, all the good Minecraft clients and the paid ones are all made by people with a background of Java and they have a foundational knowledge of how it works. With that knowledge, they applied it to a Minecraft client and learned the ins and outs of that.

So my opinion. Sure stay with Java, it can be useful. Although with .Net going multi-platform and open-source (maybe) soon, Java may get surpassed in rankings and .Net languages may overtake everything. Anyway, don't start with Minecraft. Learn how to use the language, then go to Minecraft.
    If you really want to, I think ToxicJew still has his Minecraft series up..
    Thanks for the input. I have made a pong game, a concentration game, tic tac toe, and a tower defense game all simple games, I also made a minecraft 1.7.10 mod adding stairs, halfslabs, and fences and crap I thought should have been in the game. I just thought it be nice to try to add some building functionaity to a custom client with a few aspects I ould like to hav in the game.

I know how to program in LOL cobold, fortran, pascal, basic, intermediate java, beginner c, c++, C# and yes I have .net 2010 but I like to leaarn wierd stuff it might not ever be put into practical use. I just try to always learn new things that I am interested in. because I am schizophrenic and I try to keep mu mind busy. sorry guys / gals if I came off in a negative way.

PS why am I not receiving email notices off replies to this thread I subscribed to this thread and changed the options to send instant notifications to my email address?

Last edited by rtester; 02-19-2015 at 09:52 AM. Reason: wrong quote