Thread: CPU temps

iOS & Wii Modder
         User Info     Contact     Gamer ID
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: yzmakemefamouszy Steam ID: yzmakemefamouszy Wii Code: yzMAKEMEFAMOUSzy

Contact info:

Youtube Channel: http://www.YouTube.com/users/yzMAKEMEFAMOUSzy Kik Username: yzmakemefamouszy

Default CPU temps

So my processor is a AMD Athlon x4 750k with a Corsair H100i, it is not overclocked right now. when it was overclocked, the highest i saw it go was 61c. Well just a moment ago i saw it jump to 73c and i wondered what the hell that was. i had recently taken off the cooler and put it back on, and the thermal paste on it was re-applied about 3 days ago. I have the fans on it running at max speed (i never really cared about sound) so this is a head scratcher for me. any ideas?

yes i know, it isnt the greatest thing to cool with especially i like to over clock it n stress it alot. i had ordered a water cooling kit just yesterday, but id rather not have my CPU blow out on me right now.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Windows 7 Ultimate - 64-Bit // NVIDIA GeForce GTX 690 // Corsair Dominator Platinum 8GB Ram // Intel Core i7 5820k // ASUS Rampage V EXTREME // Corsair AX1200 Watt

Retired Prophet

Contact info:

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/kennethbgoodin

If you've got an H100i and you're getting that high of temps, something's not right (unless that line of procs runs hot?). I've got an i5 3570k clocked at 4.2ghz, on air, and it never goes above ~55C. Check and make sure your thermal paste is even and not too thickly applied. Other than that I'd make sure the H100 is functioning properly and what not.

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ ็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

iOS & Wii Modder
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: yzmakemefamouszy Steam ID: yzmakemefamouszy Wii Code: yzMAKEMEFAMOUSzy

Contact info:

Youtube Channel: http://www.YouTube.com/users/yzMAKEMEFAMOUSzy Kik Username: yzmakemefamouszy

Quote Originally Posted by ToxicJew. View Post
    If you've got an H100i and you're getting that high of temps, something's not right (unless that line of procs runs hot?). I've got an i5 3570k clocked at 4.2ghz, on air, and it never goes above ~55C. Check and make sure your thermal paste is even and not too thickly applied. Other than that I'd make sure the H100 is functioning properly and what not.
    well apparently this processor is known to go pretty high in temps actually. so it seems normal, but either way i dont really like it. i had planned to get a FX-8350 but i sure as hell am not using the h100i for that.

Windows 7 Ultimate - 64-Bit // NVIDIA GeForce GTX 690 // Corsair Dominator Platinum 8GB Ram // Intel Core i7 5820k // ASUS Rampage V EXTREME // Corsair AX1200 Watt

Retired Prophet

Contact info:

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/kennethbgoodin

The H100i isn't that terrible; this dude I program with uses one for an i5, and I think his temps are well below ~30-40C.

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ ็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

I'ma Fuckin Scalie

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: XEFDragon Steam ID: SketchyDragon

I use a dual 120mm rad on my 8350 and it hits around 58-60C full load @4GHz sometimes a bit higher when I run it at 5GHz. That's with fans on low too.

72C is melting point, and those Athlons get toasty. 74-75C is the max you should go though. When you're OC'ing make sure to not exceed 1.55 volts and 1.325 on the north bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by OSaMaBiNLoGiN View Post
    HOLY SHIT KILL YOURSELF
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuck Sky View Post
    Are you fucking retarded