I'ma Fuckin Scalie

User Info     Contact     Gamer ID
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: XEFDragon Steam ID: SketchyDragon

Default [Track Tips]Sidechaining

when making a track you'll probably run into lots of issues. one main issue that i've come across is phase cancellation.

to start off, phase cancellation (from my perspective) is when you've got two or more sound waves that are oscillating inversely and they cancel one other out, or they are oscillating harmonically and they cause distortion.

to stop this from occurring, there is a method known as sidechaining. i'm not sure if that's what the specific name is, but i use it all the time and it works wonders

when sidechaining in FL studio, you're gonna have to have your kick, hats, snares, and all other percussion routed to their own insert in the mixer. from there, lets say you have your main bass line and you wanna sidechain it with your kick.

start off by routing your kick to the insert one in the mixer.

then in the insert one slot in the mixer, add a fruity peak controller. what this does is it creates a link-able automation that you can link to other plugins. it'll come in very handy.

now route your bassline into the 5th insert.

in the 5th insert slot, add a parametric eq 2.

now you're gonna have to link your peak controller from insert 1 to the EQ that you added in insert 5. to do this, right click on the slider here, select link to controller.

now choose insert 1 peak.

and make sure to invert the signal that you send so it will dampen and not amplify.

that's a pretty straight forward tutorial on sidechaining. if you've got any issues with this, or questions feel free to post.

note: sidechaining should take place with all frequencies. low, mid, and high. even though you can't hear it, it still exists and can cause things to sound wack.

my next tutorial will probably be on peak and rms compression. or hell, just give me suggestions for future tutorials. i'm totally down to kick out what you guys want.

ALSO, if you guys want a .flp that's set up for sidechaining let me know. i can make and upload one.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Code:
                            .           .  .Feckless.
                                  . |     .       .
                              ,'\   |\   .     .
           ________          / /.:  ;;       .
        ___        /\       / :'|| //     .        *^__________________________
     ___          /||\     (| | ||;'   .          ;      /\ ; ______________________
    _            / || \   // ||,;'-.._           .      //\\  . .       ________________
                /  ||  \ /: ,;,`';:.--`         /      //  \\   .:              ___________
               /   ||   \/|:|'`-(\\            /      //    \\     : ;                 ______
              /    ||    /::: \-'\`'          /      //      \\        ;:                ______
             /     ||     /\\\ \,-\.         /      //        \\         ;:                ________
            /      ||      /`'\\.,-:.-.     /__    //          \\          ;:                    _______
           /       ||       \ | \.,-' `-.  / ,.   //            \\            ;:                        ________
          /        ||        \ \ .  \ _.-' \',   //              \\              ;:                        ______
         /         ||         \ `-)  `.   _.:'  //                \\               ;:           ^^^^^_______
        /          ||          \`/    |-''  |' //                  \\               \ ^^^^^^^^^^^   
       /           ||           : \ \ |__..-;'  ^^^^^^^^^^          \\         ^^^^^^^
      /        /\  ||  ^^^      | | | ;    / '            ^^^^^^^^   \\  ^^^^^^^
     /        /  \ || /   ^^   ; / //--../_ '                    ^^^^^\/
    /        /    \||/      ^^ / / /:._  /-.''
            /      \/         / / / |_ ,(   
           /                  \ \ \ :,'  \
          /                   / /////    /
         /                     `````   :
        _                          \  \  |
       /                      \    \  \ |..-_         
      _                        )   / `/___-.-`      ,. 
                             ,'  -.\.  `. `'        ,,
                             \'\\\\ \`._ `-..___..-+,
                                ````    ``-..___..-'

Quote Originally Posted by OSaMaBiNLoGiN View Post
    HOLY SHIT KILL YOURSELF
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuck Sky View Post
    Are you fucking retarded

Badge

Nice clean tutorial 10/10

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Just say no to drugs hell nah I ain't listen Drugs's Avatar

Badge

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Spin Master PSN ID: xTiPToN_- Steam ID: xTipton

Contact info:

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/users/xTiPToN

Added to list of tutorials.

Really nice work here. Glad you mentioned the FL EQ. Learning how to use the Parametric Equalizer has been really helpful to me lately. Great job. Thanks for contributing.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Not a drug addict.

| Wiki | Site Problems | Soundcloud | MTV Artist Page |

PM @Tony for free Netflix Accounts