User Info     Contact     Gamer ID

Default Tulsa man’s last moments alive after accidental police shooting

It was a mistake.

That’s the blasé explanation Oklahoma officials gave after the fatal shooting of an unarmed black man by a white deputy who accidentally pulled his gun when he meant to use his Taser.

The botched encounter was captured on a disturbing video released by police on Friday — nine days after the fatal Tulsa shooting.

“He shot me! He shot me, man. Oh, my god. I’m losing my breath,” Eric Harris says as he struggles on the ground following the April 2 shooting, which flew under the radar until video emerged a week later.

Reserve Deputy Robert Bates, 73, (below) shouted “Taser! Taser!” before pulling the trigger on his gun, firing a round into Harris.

“I shot him!” the former policeman says, dropping his gun. “I’m sorry.”

Bates was assisting other deputies who were trying to take Harris into custody after the felon fled from police during a sting operation, the Tulsa County Sheriff’s Office’s said.

“You shouldn’t have fucking ran!” another deputy screams, as Harris is held down by his neck and head.

Robert Bates, 73, shot to death suspect Eric Harris in Oklahoma after pulling out his gun instead of his taser, authorities said.

Harris, who was in his 40s, was pronounced dead about an hour after the shooting, authorities said.

He had bolted from officers who were trying to arrest him for selling a 9 mm. semiautomatic pistol and ammunition to undercover cops.

Harris, who was unarmed, had reportedly done time for assault and battery on an officer.

He was “absolutely a threat when going down,” Tulsa Police Sgt. Jim Clark said at a news conference.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.2181787

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Vinyl; 04-12-2015 at 03:32 PM.

Bad Company

Badge

User Info     Contact     Gamer ID

im not sure why he wouldve needed his "taser" anyways, dude was in custody

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Iced View Post
    Red 58 = Swoot (Reincarnated)
    Quote Originally Posted by GOOBER View Post
    Terr0r you need a Gecko. Lets go to the Pet store and buy one
    Quote Originally Posted by ABlackGuy View Post
    He may not have a soul but he still has a brain. Unlike Russ who has neither.