Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    V.XVII.XIV Synix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,650
    Points
    2,307
         User Info     Contact     Gamer ID
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,650
    Points
    2,307
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: I-Synix-I

    Contact info:

    Kik Username: SynixMods

    Default GameStop Question

    I'm trying to get into the modding community for PS3 and I bought another PS3 but the thing is it's not in the correct serial number so I wanted to return the ps3 for a different one but I was wondering if it is possible for me to ask them to find a PS3 that has the serial number that I'm looking for or not. Just so I don't go in and out of there everyday or whatever just to find the right PS3. I might go tomorrow and return it.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Synix; 08-30-2015 at 05:10 PM.

  2. #2
    Diehard TeAm_FaTaL's Avatar

    Badge

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    In NovaModz mom's bed
    Posts
    1,657
    Points
    2,516
         User Info     Contact     Gamer ID
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    In NovaModz mom's bed
    Posts
    1,657
    Points
    2,516
    Gamer IDs

    Wii Code: schitzotm

    Contact info:

    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/

    Default

    How old is the one you bought?
    There are hardware ways of making some of the newer ones run unsigned code as well. Keep in mind the older you get the more likely the hardware components are to fail. (the factory ones installed)
    Just drop a little more coin and do a hard mod.
    Cobra FTW...???......

    Supports virtually all PS3's including previously "unbreakable" 2k5,3k and 4k systems!
    Homebrew now possible on previously "unbreakable" 2k5,3k and 4k systems!
    Play games on SEN in pass-through or emulation modes**!
    On screen selection of games through Cobra ODE manager in XMB
    Emulation or pass-through modes
    Advanced Smart Fusion AES encryption and decryption engine on board
    Fully updatable high speed FPGA's and high speed secure MCU on board
    Updatable via USB storage
    Expansion ports for future proofing
    Simple and easy to use
    High quality components used throughout
    Built at a high tech facility
    Solderless installation on FAT*** and SLIM (2xxx and 21xx) series
    Easy installation on 25xx,3xxx and 4xxx series Slim and Super Slim series consoles with QSB (quick solder board)
    Easy setup for PATA or SATA consoles
    Advanced software onboard and frequent free updates


    BD Movie support to follow (In a future update)
    PS1 and PS2 ISO support to follow (on BC consoles in a future update)
    PS3 BD game disc dumping on all PS3 consoles is supported and can be enabled through third party managers (dumping throughput will be improved in future updates)

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    ifndef FaTaL-is-God [else] define Grace-U
    class Grace-U < Formula
    system bin/"grace-ubat"
    brew install grace-u
    endif //BM\Uffffffff\Uffffffff\Uffffffff\Uffffffff4 s\Uffffffff\Uffffffff\Uffffffff\UffffffffbR\Ufffff fff\Uffffffff\Uffffffff\UffffffffB\Uffffffff\Uffff ffffb"\u7d98\Uffffffff4\Uffffffff\Uffffffff\Ufffff fffq8[Z\Uffffffff\Uffffffff=\Uffffffffm \Uffffffff
    \Uffffffff\Uffffffff\Uffffffffy\Uffffffff\Ufffffff f

  3. #3
    V.XVII.XIV Synix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,650
    Points
    2,307
         User Info     Contact     Gamer ID
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,650
    Points
    2,307
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: I-Synix-I

    Contact info:

    Kik Username: SynixMods

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TeAm_FaTaL View Post
    How old is the one you bought?
    There are hardware ways of making some of the newer ones run unsigned code as well. Keep in mind the older you get the more likely the hardware components are to fail. (the factory ones installed)
    Just drop a little more coin and do a hard mod.
    Cobra FTW...???......

    Supports virtually all PS3's including previously "unbreakable" 2k5,3k and 4k systems!
    Homebrew now possible on previously "unbreakable" 2k5,3k and 4k systems!
    Play games on SEN in pass-through or emulation modes**!
    On screen selection of games through Cobra ODE manager in XMB
    Emulation or pass-through modes
    Advanced Smart Fusion AES encryption and decryption engine on board
    Fully updatable high speed FPGA's and high speed secure MCU on board
    Updatable via USB storage
    Expansion ports for future proofing
    Simple and easy to use
    High quality components used throughout
    Built at a high tech facility
    Solderless installation on FAT*** and SLIM (2xxx and 21xx) series
    Easy installation on 25xx,3xxx and 4xxx series Slim and Super Slim series consoles with QSB (quick solder board)
    Easy setup for PATA or SATA consoles
    Advanced software onboard and frequent free updates


    BD Movie support to follow (In a future update)
    PS1 and PS2 ISO support to follow (on BC consoles in a future update)
    PS3 BD game disc dumping on all PS3 consoles is supported and can be enabled through third party managers (dumping throughput will be improved in future updates)
    I have no idea how old the one I have. It's a used one from GameStop and I just bought it 3 days ago. But would I be able to ask them to find a PS3 with the serial numbers I'm looking for?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  4. #4
    Diehard TeAm_FaTaL's Avatar

    Badge

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    In NovaModz mom's bed
    Posts
    1,657
    Points
    2,516
         User Info     Contact     Gamer ID
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    In NovaModz mom's bed
    Posts
    1,657
    Points
    2,516
    Gamer IDs

    Wii Code: schitzotm

    Contact info:

    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SynixHD View Post
    I have no idea how old the one I have. It's a used one from GameStop and I just bought it 3 days ago. But would I be able to ask them to find a PS3 with the serial numbers I'm looking for?
    Yeah, while you are at it contact Sony as well and give them your name ssn and address too and tell them you plan on breaking your eula agreement.....lol j/k
    I doubt they will spend any time looking. I mean you could tell them but they'll just tell you these two consoles are the same. And then you'll have to explain to them why you want the older one.
    You'll have to do the serial search yourself. Look at the years for the serial range you need and use that as your excuse for why you want the lower sn one.
    The bigger question is will they take it back without you telling them it's broken. hmmm.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    ifndef FaTaL-is-God [else] define Grace-U
    class Grace-U < Formula
    system bin/"grace-ubat"
    brew install grace-u
    endif //BM\Uffffffff\Uffffffff\Uffffffff\Uffffffff4 s\Uffffffff\Uffffffff\Uffffffff\UffffffffbR\Ufffff fff\Uffffffff\Uffffffff\UffffffffB\Uffffffff\Uffff ffffb"\u7d98\Uffffffff4\Uffffffff\Uffffffff\Ufffff fffq8[Z\Uffffffff\Uffffffff=\Uffffffffm \Uffffffff
    \Uffffffff\Uffffffff\Uffffffffy\Uffffffff\Ufffffff f

  5. #5
    V.XVII.XIV Synix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,650
    Points
    2,307
         User Info     Contact     Gamer ID
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,650
    Points
    2,307
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: I-Synix-I

    Contact info:

    Kik Username: SynixMods

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TeAm_FaTaL View Post
    Yeah, while you are at it contact Sony as well and give them your name ssn and address too and tell them you plan on breaking your eula agreement.....lol j/k
    I doubt they will spend any time looking. I mean you could tell them but they'll just tell you these two consoles are the same. And then you'll have to explain to them why you want the older one.
    You'll have to do the serial search yourself. Look at the years for the serial range you need and use that as your excuse for why you want the lower sn one.
    The bigger question is will they take it back without you telling them it's broken. hmmm.
    Dammit. Help me out with an excuse? LOL.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    DM<3
    Gaming / Modding Instagram | @SynixMods
    Personal Instagram | @Fxqn
    Kik | @Sqkx
    Retired PS3 Modder

  6. #6
    Diehard TeAm_FaTaL's Avatar

    Badge

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    In NovaModz mom's bed
    Posts
    1,657
    Points
    2,516
         User Info     Contact     Gamer ID
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    In NovaModz mom's bed
    Posts
    1,657
    Points
    2,516
    Gamer IDs

    Wii Code: schitzotm

    Contact info:

    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/

    Default

    Well, how is the return policy on used product at gamestop?? Oh I found it. With used products you get a full refund within 7 days. After that good luck. You will have to break it without them realizing you did after 7 days. Even then I think it's replacement only. And that is how you end up with the s/n you need. Just have to keep breaking them and returning til you get the one you need or they get tired of you and just give you your money back and kindly tell you to piss off.lol...

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    ifndef FaTaL-is-God [else] define Grace-U
    class Grace-U < Formula
    system bin/"grace-ubat"
    brew install grace-u
    endif //BM\Uffffffff\Uffffffff\Uffffffff\Uffffffff4 s\Uffffffff\Uffffffff\Uffffffff\UffffffffbR\Ufffff fff\Uffffffff\Uffffffff\UffffffffB\Uffffffff\Uffff ffffb"\u7d98\Uffffffff4\Uffffffff\Uffffffff\Ufffff fffq8[Z\Uffffffff\Uffffffff=\Uffffffffm \Uffffffff
    \Uffffffff\Uffffffff\Uffffffffy\Uffffffff\Ufffffff f

  7. #7
    Moderator chewtoys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    2,332
    Points
    3,374
         User Info     Contact     Gamer ID
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    2,332
    Points
    3,374

    Default

    Why would someone want Cobra ODE rather than CFW?

    CFW is better for homebrew, ODE is better if you want to play backups/pirated games online.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  8. #8
    V.XVII.XIV Synix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,650
    Points
    2,307
         User Info     Contact     Gamer ID
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,650
    Points
    2,307
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: I-Synix-I

    Contact info:

    Kik Username: SynixMods

    Default

    Got da ps3 I wanted. All I gotta do now is send it in to my buddy.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    DM<3
    Gaming / Modding Instagram | @SynixMods
    Personal Instagram | @Fxqn
    Kik | @Sqkx
    Retired PS3 Modder

  9. #9
    Diehard TeAm_FaTaL's Avatar

    Badge

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    In NovaModz mom's bed
    Posts
    1,657
    Points
    2,516
         User Info     Contact     Gamer ID
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    In NovaModz mom's bed
    Posts
    1,657
    Points
    2,516
    Gamer IDs

    Wii Code: schitzotm

    Contact info:

    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chewtoys View Post
    Why would someone want Cobra ODE rather than CFW?

    CFW is better for homebrew, ODE is better if you want to play backups/pirated games online.
    It he was unable to obtain one old enough to downgrade the ODE is an excellent alternative.
    Also homebrew is fully enabled with cobra ODE and you get to do so on a newer console that has been played less so you have more game time before the console craps out.

    Quote Originally Posted by SynixHD View Post
    Got da ps3 I wanted. All I gotta do now is send it in to my buddy.
    Did you use honesty at the store?? Or did you return it and look for it yourself. I really don't think gamestop gives a shit what you do with the console you buy. I just didn't think they would go through the effort of looking for ya. At least around where I live they get mad when they have to open the drawers that contain the actual discs you are purchasing. lol.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    ifndef FaTaL-is-God [else] define Grace-U
    class Grace-U < Formula
    system bin/"grace-ubat"
    brew install grace-u
    endif //BM\Uffffffff\Uffffffff\Uffffffff\Uffffffff4 s\Uffffffff\Uffffffff\Uffffffff\UffffffffbR\Ufffff fff\Uffffffff\Uffffffff\UffffffffB\Uffffffff\Uffff ffffb"\u7d98\Uffffffff4\Uffffffff\Uffffffff\Ufffff fffq8[Z\Uffffffff\Uffffffff=\Uffffffffm \Uffffffff
    \Uffffffff\Uffffffff\Uffffffffy\Uffffffff\Ufffffff f

  10. #10
    Moderator chewtoys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    2,332
    Points
    3,374
         User Info     Contact     Gamer ID
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    2,332
    Points
    3,374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TeAm_FaTaL View Post
    It he was unable to obtain one old enough to downgrade the ODE is an excellent alternative.
    Also homebrew is fully enabled with cobra ODE and you get to do so on a newer console that has been played less so you have more game time before the console craps out.
    I know ODE supports homebrew, but it's useless once you get banned for disk editing and going online to host lobbies or some shit. Can't really change the IDPS with ODE, can only dump it from what I'm seeing online...

    Personally, I wouldn't want a Super Slim model, plastic CD slide cover and firmware restrictions, no thanks.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by chewtoys; 09-03-2015 at 02:25 PM.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -10. The time now is 05:20 PM.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2016 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.