Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PC Problems

iOS & Wii Modder
         User Info     Contact     Gamer ID
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: yzmakemefamouszy Steam ID: yzmakemefamouszy Wii Code: yzMAKEMEFAMOUSzy

Contact info:

Youtube Channel: http://www.YouTube.com/users/yzMAKEMEFAMOUSzy Kik Username: yzmakemefamouszy

Default PC Problems

So I know a few of you got a hell of a lot more experience with things like this, so I'm posting for some advice.

About a week ago I just started with some upgrades to my PC. Here are the current specs;

AMD FX-9590
    ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z
    Corsair dominator platinum series 8GB DDR3 RAM
    Corsair AX1200 Gold professional
    2 EVGA GeForce GTX 690's SLI

So originally had Windows 10 pro on my PC, so I kept it in the hard drive. A few times did the computer shut itself off and restarted automatically. I thought "okay, maybe I have to reinstall Windows." So I decided to reinstall my Windows 7. During the first install, it did the same thing; shut off and turn back on. I started to suspect a few things. It was successful the second time, then when I went to set up, it did it again. Got through set up. When I tried to download the drivers, did it again. And now; I can't even boot up Windows without it doing so. I even removed a graphics card to see if that was the problem. Apparently not. But here's the thing; it can go into the BIOS Settings and not shut off at all. The CMOS and BIOS were newly updated and flashed when I got this, and the sellers of all the products I've got said the products worked perfectly fine. I started marking down things to see what is the problem. It's not the cards, they worked in other systems, the RAM works fine too. All I can rule to is the motherboard, CPU, or the PSU. Is it a power supply fault, a motherboard fault, CPU Failing, or the CPU overheating?

I'll keep updated if anything else happens, but I'd like to rule out the issue before I buy something again.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Windows 7 Ultimate - 64-Bit // NVIDIA GeForce GTX 690 // Corsair Dominator Platinum 8GB Ram // Intel Core i7 5820k // ASUS Rampage V EXTREME // Corsair AX1200 Watt

I'ma Fuckin Scalie

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: XEFDragon Steam ID: SketchyDragon

try booting linux and tell me what happens.

it might be that your chip is clocked hella high and is thirsty for more voltage and your board isn't supplying it, causing an instant crash.

or your ram could be dipping out on voltage causing an instant crash (mobo issue too). or shit maybe your ram timings are off, jusan idea.

could be faulty power phase system on your board, or a messed up sata controller that goes apeshit with drivers when they are loaded (see what happens with linux)

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    P R O F E S S I O N A L S H I T P O S T E R

iOS & Wii Modder
    Gamer IDs

Contact info:

Youtube Channel: http://www.YouTube.com/users/yzMAKEMEFAMOUSzy Kik Username: yzmakemefamouszy

Well now it's not even able to boot to the bios now. I have a feeling it has something to do with the CPU or motherboard. First I'm gonna mess with the cooling, seeing if maybe it's overheating. Everything does function well, it's just the random power off when I try to do something/ boot windows

ram or psu, since problem didn't come up until recent upgrades

strip down hardware to bare bones, test each ram stick separate in every slot.

i hope you weren't in a carpeted rooms with clothes on when working on pc, static is the worst. rip

I'ma Fuckin Scalie

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: XEFDragon Steam ID: SketchyDragon

it wouldnt be the cooling system, unless if it wasn't plugged in at all. i've run chips for a good 45-60 seconds without heatsinks just fine.

any beep codes? or any bios codes on the debug LED ? most high end boards have little 8 segment displays that throw hex addresses that can be looked up.

if that's not on, then your board is most likely toast. if it is then your ram(s) or chip is dead (like fearbot said). just test the ram one at a time and in different slots. sometimes when you're moving it around the pins get shifted (i've done it)

try taking the cmos batt out for like 10 mins to clear everything and see if it'll fire up.

P R O F E S S I O N A L S H I T P O S T E R

iOS & Wii Modder
    Gamer IDs

Contact info:

I think my problem might be the CPU. I sat it at the bios and watched it rise in temps. But I don't get how. The thermal paste is renewed, I made the heatsink snug, and the water loop is running perfectly fine. like when I keep the PC off for 24 hours and then I run it, it runs for a bit and even boots up, then turns off after awhile, and when I try to turn it back on, it turns off again. I feel the heat sinks on the MB and they're hot by the touch. But it couldn't be the Motherboard if it can still boot and function well. The MB stayed at room temp. Also. I have 1 120 radiator and 1 240. Are they not getting enough airflow, did I put too much thermal paste on it, or is the heatsink not good with transferring cooling? I'll post a picture on my setup.

BTW the ram works fine, I ran it in my GF's computer. The GPUs are functioning too

Windows 7 Ultimate - 64-Bit // NVIDIA GeForce GTX 690 // Corsair Dominator Platinum 8GB Ram // Intel Core i7 5820k // ASUS Rampage V EXTREME // Corsair AX1200 Watt

give this thing a read about your jumper settings and how to reset all that goop in cmos, see if it fix something you might not know you've set

http://www.manualslib.com/manual/409...a.html?page=49 this is the manual for your mb, at least i think it is

Last edited by chewtoys; 02-17-2016 at 07:35 PM.

iOS & Wii Modder
    Gamer IDs

Contact info:

So I looked into it more. This is the first time I've dealt with this but I think I got it figured out.

The debugger reads back FF before shutting off, and in this manner, somethings defected. I tested the PSU and the readings are perfectly fine. I reset my BIOS and all that shit with the CMOS and there wasn't a change. So I'm digging around for my old AM3 processor. If it works, CPU. If not, MB. And I know that CPU works, I had it running in my friends PC. I honestly hope it's the MB since it is cheaper than the CPU, but if it's either it's not a big deal.

you have any of that sweet warranty?

iOS & Wii Modder
    Gamer IDs

Contact info:

Problem found; CPU is defective. Guess I'll have to get a new one