Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
         User Info     Contact     Gamer ID

Default Should I upgrade to Windows 10?

I am currently running Windows 7 64-bit. I noticed Microsoft is offering a free upgrade to Windows 10.

I'd like to hear some opinions from people who have used it or are currently using it.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

I'ma Fuckin Scalie

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: XEFDragon Steam ID: SketchyDragon

fuck no dude, cortana is a whore and spies on you and whatever you're doing. edge is terrible, it's just a new fancy way to download chrome.

stick with 7 or move to linux. windows 10 is fucking terrible. absolute garbage. msft really shot themselves on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by OSaMaBiNLoGiN View Post
    HOLY SHIT KILL YOURSELF
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuck Sky View Post
    Are you fucking retarded

TBH, I still use Win7enterprise64bit as my main, but Win10 on anything with touch. It's got its ups and downs, but look up what to disable on fresh install. Should already be enough guides about it.

If you don't want to get these Windows 10 update notifications, install any enterprise package or use some shifty software to hide it.

It looks aesthetically pleasing, but it pisses me off sometimes because learning new stuff is for losers and kids younger than me. Way better than 8 and 8.1, in terms of compatibility and stability.

Shit is virus city. Windows Edge is garbage and won't let you use extensions so you have to waste your time getting bat files to substitute as an ad blocker or use Opera. Though Windows 10 is a great way to sell fixed computers, use a cracked version of windows, upgrade to windows 10 using cracked windows, sell computers without having some idiot blabbering on how he can't use his cracked pc. Windows 10 is buggy and is pretty much a buggier version of windows 7 that doesn't really have enough pros to make up for the cons. Besides the window snapping. With windows 10 you can't really go bare bones performance without making huge tweaks. Drivers on windows 10 is a BITCH though, so if you're some artsy fuck I'd rather stick to windows 7. Though windows 10 is the crippled shit shined version of windows 7. The navigation is garbage too, settings aren't as detailed and easily accessible. Task manager requires me to click on another tab? I'm too lazy for that shit! You can mess with the privacy settings so windows can't masturbate to you, all in the set up section which most people don't bother reading. With the rumors about windows 10 being a spying too is pretty false, I'm doing a lot of fishy shit and not many traces are being made of it, probably because it's broken as fuck. Though some of the flash performance runs faster on Microsoft Edge. Programs (ex: Unreal engine, 3d modeling) may be slower on Windows 10. Windows 10 really likes to mess with css and make the Internet look like a puke pool but I really don't mind it since I found ways around it. Like just scrolling and shit. It's all on preference.

Last edited by goth; 05-16-2016 at 11:42 PM.

A Real Nigga
    Dr. Sniff Smellington

Badge

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BUTTLlCKER

i accidentally ran the update while i was drunk a few months ago and im not noticing many serious differences between windows 9 and 10. my computer still runs fine so i'd just do it.

smeller

I'ma Fuckin Scalie

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: XEFDragon Steam ID: SketchyDragon

Quote Originally Posted by smeller View Post
    i accidentally ran the update while i was drunk a few months ago and im not noticing many serious differences between windows 9 and 10. my computer still runs fine so i'd just do it.
    dude, you just gave your computer an std.

Quote Originally Posted by OSaMaBiNLoGiN View Post
    HOLY SHIT KILL YOURSELF
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuck Sky View Post
    Are you fucking retarded

Retired Prophet

Contact info:

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/kennethbgoodin

no

/thread

Last edited by ToxicJew.; 05-17-2016 at 09:26 AM.
    ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ ็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Breathe Carolina <3
    Former GFX'er

It's meh, stick to 7 or go to 8.1 (not 8)

epicly memed

Badge

Gamer IDs

Wii Code: schitzotm

Contact info:

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/

Fuck off fearbot. Stop getting stuck in the past.

Windows 10 is very lightweight. It actually works pretty good. As far as cortana goes you can turn off her ability to spy on you. Also, you have the ability to stop sharing your activity with microsoft...(Yes since xp that has been happening just now you can turn it off) Windows 10 is a must have for touch screen laptops. Everything that had issues running on 7 and 8 seem to work flawless on 10. People that say don't upgrade are the same people who say don't buy an xbox one because the original xbox is just fine. (or the wii...lol)
    windows 10 compared to any of prior windows is like comparing windows 98 to windows 8. These guys are attempting to tell you to keep your nokia 6110 and not upgrade to the iphone 6.
    Linux has its uses but windows is a necessity. And why on earth would you stay in the past with operating systems? Upgrade, enjoy nice new operating system, thank me later.

Windows has always spied on people. (since xp) Get over yourselves, at least with 10 you can disable the spying. And screw linux as a primary operating system. "What, I need -insert random program- . Let me open my cli and spend the next 15 minutes building it from source...." No thanks.

Last edited by TeAm_FaTaL; 05-26-2016 at 01:39 PM. Reason: Some mods should be relieved of duty.
    ifndef FaTaL-is-God [else] define Grace-U
    class Grace-U < Formula
    system bin/"grace-ubat"
    brew install grace-u
    endif //BM\Uffffffff\Uffffffff\Uffffffff\Uffffffff4 s\Uffffffff\Uffffffff\Uffffffff\UffffffffbR\Ufffff fff\Uffffffff\Uffffffff\UffffffffB\Uffffffff\Uffff ffffb"\u7d98\Uffffffff4\Uffffffff\Uffffffff\Ufffff fffq8[Z\Uffffffff\Uffffffff=\Uffffffffm \Uffffffff
    \Uffffffff\Uffffffff\Uffffffffy\Uffffffff\Ufffffff f

Quote Originally Posted by TeAm_FaTaL View Post
    Windows 10 is very lightweight. It actually works pretty good. As far as cortana goes you can turn off her ability to spy on you. Also, you have the ability to stop sharing your activity with microsoft...(Yes since xp that has been happening just now you can turn it off) Windows 10 is a must have for touch screen laptops. Everything that had issues running on 7 and 8 seem to work flawless on 10. People that say don't upgrade are the same people who say don't buy an xbox one because the original xbox is just fine. (or the wii...lol)
    windows 10 compared to any of prior windows is like comparing windows 98 to windows 8. These guys are attempting to tell you to keep your nokia 6110 and not upgrade to the iphone 6.
    Linux has its uses but windows is a necessity. And why on earth would you stay in the past with operating systems? Upgrade, enjoy nice new operating system, thank me later.

Windows has always spied on people. (since xp) Get over yourselves, at least with 10 you can disable the spying. And screw linux as a primary operating system. "What, I need -insert random program- . Let me open my cli and spend the next 15 minutes building it from source...." No thanks.
    it's like you think you know what other people want and need for their day to day, but instead of anything smart coming out of your mouth it's just constant bullshit you read from a few clickbait sites.