Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20
  1. #11
    I'ma Fuckin Scalie

    Feckless.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    F̷̧̨̙̞̱̥̓̄̂ͯ̃ͬ̚̚͟U&#
    Posts
    3,075
    Points
    8,712
         User Info     Contact     Gamer ID
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    F̷̧̨̙̞̱̥̓̄̂ͯ̃ͬ̚̚͟U&#
    Posts
    3,075
    Points
    8,712
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: XEFDragon Steam ID: SketchyDragon

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TeAm_FaTaL View Post
    Bullshit ahead


    Windows 10 is very lightweight. It actually works pretty good. As far as cortana goes you can turn off her ability to spy on you. Also, you have the ability to stop sharing your activity with microsoft...(Yes since xp that has been happening just now you can turn it off) Windows 10 is a must have for touch screen laptops. Everything that had issues running on 7 and 8 seem to work flawless on 10. People that say don't upgrade are the same people who say don't buy an xbox one because the original xbox is just fine. (or the wii...lol)
    windows 10 compared to any of prior windows is like comparing windows 98 to windows 8. These guys are attempting to tell you to keep your nokia 6110 and not upgrade to the iphone 6.
    Linux has its uses but windows is a necessity. And why on earth would you stay in the past with operating systems? Upgrade, enjoy nice new operating system, thank me later.

    Windows has always spied on people. (since xp) Get over yourselves, at least with 10 you can disable the spying. And screw linux as a primary operating system. "What, I need -insert random program- . Let me open my cli and spend the next 15 minutes building it from source...." No thanks.


    wow, i typed my opinion and a snark reply and now its a fucking pissing contest. dude, go buy a ladder and get over yourself. have you even used windows 7 on a tablet/touch screen monitor? it's pretty damn easy if you're not a fucking charlatan.

    after doing IT work for a dental company for years, i recently had a chat with another good friend of mine and he's infuriated with windows 10 because the companies that make the digital x-ray hardware and systems are refusing to make drivers for windows 10 because it's complete shit. so he's got all this hardware in all these ops and it's un-fucking usable because everything is on 10. you either move to mac, work with linux, or stay on 7 and keep up with the patches (just like any other windows OS) , so that's a giant cluster of shit no matter what. make the best out of a bad situation.

    fuck the iphone 6 and its shitty proprietary hardware, it looks like the silver surfer took a shit and sent it through a paper mill. i'd rather keep my functionality, well built hardware and well known interface than switch because the latest and apparently greatest thing on the market is what everyone and their grandma is going for.

    screw linux as a primary operating system. "What, I need -insert random program- . Let me open my cli and spend the next 15 minutes building it from source...." No thanks.
    coming from a guy who's got this in his sig:

    fndef FaTaL-is-God [else] define Grace-U
    class Grace-U < Formula
    system bin/"grace-ubat"
    brew install grace-u
    endif //BM\Uffffffff\Uffffffff\Uffffffff\Uffffffff4 s\Uffffffff\Uffffffff\Uffffffff\UffffffffbR\Ufffff fff\Uffffffff\Uffffffff\UffffffffB\Uffffffff\Uffff ffffb"\u7d98\Uffffffff4\Uffffffff\Uffffffff\Ufffff fffq8[Z\Uffffffff\Uffffffff=\Uffffffffm \Uffffffff
    \Uffffffff\Uffffffff\Uffffffffy\Uffffffff\Ufffffff f
    but coming from you, it's the exact punk ass reply i'd expect. so i dont even know what the fuck i'm doing here anymore.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    P R O F E S S I O N A L S H I T P O S T E R



  2. #12
    Desu Development
    Pomf pomf :3
    Fuck Sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    WOW ANIME MAN WOW
    Posts
    1,137
    Points
    1,687
         User Info     Contact     Gamer ID
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    WOW ANIME MAN WOW
    Posts
    1,137
    Points
    1,687
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Hexpresso PSN ID: WideDongWeary Steam ID: twitchhexpresso

    Contact info:

    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/ Kik Username: Wownicehack

    Default

    Healthy alternatives to Windows. Linux use is growing by the day. Might as well learn how to use it before it becomes a near-necessity.

    https://www.freebsd.org/
    https://www.archlinux.org/
    https://www.linuxmint.com/
    https://manjaro.github.io/


    Don't like how something looks? Change it. It's easy as fuck. Everything can look and perform exactly how you want it. Not how a company *wants* you to want it.

    Tiling window managers are my fetish at this point.
    http://i3wm.org/
    https://awesome.naquadah.org/

    Examples of nicely configured Tiling windowmanagers:
    http://imgur.com/a/nwrLG
    https://imgur.com/a/5CyTD
    http://imgur.com/a/w7M79
    http://imgur.com/a/E2RJe
    http://imgur.com/a/542NS

    2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    geadszf1231qewrg

  3. #13
    Diehard TeAm_FaTaL's Avatar

    Badge

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    In NovaModz mom's bed
    Posts
    1,658
    Points
    2,518
         User Info     Contact     Gamer ID
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    In NovaModz mom's bed
    Posts
    1,658
    Points
    2,518
    Gamer IDs

    Wii Code: schitzotm

    Contact info:

    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Feckless. View Post
    wow, i typed my opinion and a snark reply and now its a fucking pissing contest. dude, go buy a ladder and get over yourself. have you even used windows 7 on a tablet/touch screen monitor? it's pretty damn easy if you're not a fucking charlatan.

    after doing IT work for a dental company for years, i recently had a chat with another good friend of mine and he's infuriated with windows 10 because the companies that make the digital x-ray hardware and systems are refusing to make drivers for windows 10 because it's complete shit. so he's got all this hardware in all these ops and it's un-fucking usable because everything is on 10. you either move to mac, work with linux, or stay on 7 and keep up with the patches (just like any other windows OS) , so that's a giant cluster of shit no matter what. make the best out of a bad situation.

    fuck the iphone 6 and its shitty proprietary hardware, it looks like the silver surfer took a shit and sent it through a paper mill. i'd rather keep my functionality, well built hardware and well known interface than switch because the latest and apparently greatest thing on the market is what everyone and their grandma is going for.



    coming from a guy who's got this in his sig:



    but coming from you, it's the exact punk ass reply i'd expect. so i dont even know what the fuck i'm doing here anymore.
    Gonna eat your lunch on this one. If the program/hardware they are using worked on windows 7/8 it will most certainly work on windows 10.
    If it was functional on windows xp but not on 7/8 it will not work on 10 either. If it runs in 16bit...(lol) then it will not run on 7/8 or 10.
    The user interface is really the only changes from 8 to 10. If your friend makes claims to it working on 7/8 but not working on 10 then they are not a very good IT person. They ultimately should be replaced with someone that can do simple navigation on windows. \
    I did not intend to offend you. I was making a statement because too many people keep making claims to windows 10 being somehow a lesser operating system then the prior operating systems.
    When in fact when it comes to software usability and general aaa software development windows is where it's at. Linux just doesn't quite cut it for most people. (again linux is a great tool but really shouldn't be your primary operating system) Seriously still not trying to cut you down. Give windows 10 a shot for a few months. It's actually pretty damn good. Software always moves forward gaining speed and ease of operation. Either move forward with it or find yourself falling behind in 5 years.
    Don't hold yourself back, and don't worry if you have pirated/cracked stuff you are using in windows 7/8 it will still work on 10 just the same. (trust me I am a cheap ass leech when it comes to pay software) That being said I have to say microsoft edge sucks. (again my opinion)

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    ifndef FaTaL-is-God [else] define Grace-U
    class Grace-U < Formula
    system bin/"grace-ubat"
    brew install grace-u
    endif //BM\Uffffffff\Uffffffff\Uffffffff\Uffffffff4 s\Uffffffff\Uffffffff\Uffffffff\UffffffffbR\Ufffff fff\Uffffffff\Uffffffff\UffffffffB\Uffffffff\Uffff ffffb"\u7d98\Uffffffff4\Uffffffff\Uffffffff\Ufffff fffq8[Z\Uffffffff\Uffffffff=\Uffffffffm \Uffffffff
    \Uffffffff\Uffffffff\Uffffffffy\Uffffffff\Ufffffff f

  4. #14
    Moderator chewtoys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    2,349
    Points
    3,395
         User Info     Contact     Gamer ID
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    2,349
    Points
    3,395

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TeAm_FaTaL View Post
    Gonna eat your lunch on this one. If the program/hardware they are using worked on windows 7/8 it will most certainly work on windows 10.
    If it was functional on windows xp but not on 7/8 it will not work on 10 either. If it runs in 16bit...(lol) then it will not run on 7/8 or 10.
    The user interface is really the only changes from 8 to 10. If your friend makes claims to it working on 7/8 but not working on 10 then they are not a very good IT person. They ultimately should be replaced with someone that can do simple navigation on windows. \
    I did not intend to offend you. I was making a statement because too many people keep making claims to windows 10 being somehow a lesser operating system then the prior operating systems.
    When in fact when it comes to software usability and general aaa software development windows is where it's at. Linux just doesn't quite cut it for most people. (again linux is a great tool but really shouldn't be your primary operating system) Seriously still not trying to cut you down. Give windows 10 a shot for a few months. It's actually pretty damn good. Software always moves forward gaining speed and ease of operation. Either move forward with it or find yourself falling behind in 5 years.
    Don't hold yourself back, and don't worry if you have pirated/cracked stuff you are using in windows 7/8 it will still work on 10 just the same. (trust me I am a cheap ass leech when it comes to pay software) That being said I have to say microsoft edge sucks. (again my opinion)
    you don't even know what you're talking about, hope someone is not paying you to be there IT guy

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  5. #15
    Diehard TeAm_FaTaL's Avatar

    Badge

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    In NovaModz mom's bed
    Posts
    1,658
    Points
    2,518
         User Info     Contact     Gamer ID
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    In NovaModz mom's bed
    Posts
    1,658
    Points
    2,518
    Gamer IDs

    Wii Code: schitzotm

    Contact info:

    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chewtoys View Post
    you don't even know what you're talking about, hope someone is not paying you to be there IT guy
    Multiple companies pay me to be their IT. I'm the guy that goes in when their in-house IT can't make Windows 10 work with outdated hardware.
    You should take a few minutes/hours to actually research windows 10. Judging by your comments you are getting all your info on windows 10 from how you say?? Clickbait sites?

    I can't help your outdated barely capable of running windows 7 computer has difficulty using 64 bit windows 10. (if that is why you are so bitter about windows 10)
    You know the way you are acting in 3 years you can be one of those nutjobs on those ancient forums that keep claiming the old pentium 4 windows xp computers are way faster than current computers. Look them up they exist. windows 10 been out almost a year now. You are officially outdated if you haven't upgraded yet. (if you are using windows)
    @OP you have til july 29th of this year to upgrade or it will no longer be free.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    ifndef FaTaL-is-God [else] define Grace-U
    class Grace-U < Formula
    system bin/"grace-ubat"
    brew install grace-u
    endif //BM\Uffffffff\Uffffffff\Uffffffff\Uffffffff4 s\Uffffffff\Uffffffff\Uffffffff\UffffffffbR\Ufffff fff\Uffffffff\Uffffffff\UffffffffB\Uffffffff\Uffff ffffb"\u7d98\Uffffffff4\Uffffffff\Uffffffff\Ufffff fffq8[Z\Uffffffff\Uffffffff=\Uffffffffm \Uffffffff
    \Uffffffff\Uffffffff\Uffffffffy\Uffffffff\Ufffffff f

  6. #16
    ellijah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    5,640
    Points
    8,694
         User Info     Contact     Gamer ID
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    5,640
    Points
    8,694

    Default

    I don't like the tactics they're using to get people to upgrade.

    I forgot to turn off my PC yesterday and when I got home from work there was a countdown timer up telling me they were going to upgrade to Windows 10 in 12 minutes. Lol

    I would have been pissed if I had come home 12 minutes later and had an entirely different operating system without even agreeing to an upgrade.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  7. #17
    Moderator chewtoys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    2,349
    Points
    3,395
         User Info     Contact     Gamer ID
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    2,349
    Points
    3,395

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TeAm_FaTaL View Post
    Multiple companies pay me to be their IT. I'm the guy that goes in when their in-house IT can't make Windows 10 work with outdated hardware.
    You should take a few minutes/hours to actually research windows 10. Judging by your comments you are getting all your info on windows 10 from how you say?? Clickbait sites?

    I can't help your outdated barely capable of running windows 7 computer has difficulty using 64 bit windows 10. (if that is why you are so bitter about windows 10)
    You know the way you are acting in 3 years you can be one of those nutjobs on those ancient forums that keep claiming the old pentium 4 windows xp computers are way faster than current computers. Look them up they exist. windows 10 been out almost a year now. You are officially outdated if you haven't upgraded yet. (if you are using windows)
    @OP you have til july 29th of this year to upgrade or it will no longer be free.
    I never said I didn't use windows 10, I just don't prefer it because it's directed at tablet holding college kids, or idiots trying to get their point across about 10 on a dead site. You're acting like a salesman and doing a poor job selling your product, you get no profit if any of us download it or not, stop preaching.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  8. #18
    I'ma Fuckin Scalie

    Feckless.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    F̷̧̨̙̞̱̥̓̄̂ͯ̃ͬ̚̚͟U&#
    Posts
    3,075
    Points
    8,712
         User Info     Contact     Gamer ID
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    F̷̧̨̙̞̱̥̓̄̂ͯ̃ͬ̚̚͟U&#
    Posts
    3,075
    Points
    8,712
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: XEFDragon Steam ID: SketchyDragon

    Default

    tf does it even mean to stay updated anymore? norad still runs on XP and spends 9 million a year to keep it maintained, the nuclear weapons system still runs on a proprietary OS written in the 1970's that uses 8 inch floppy discs to even function.

    Quote Originally Posted by TeAm_FaTaL View Post
    If your friend makes claims to it working on 7/8 but not working on 10 then they are not a very good IT person.
    the IT guy i work with is very knowledgeable and he's been around before transistors existed. if you're on your own network not connected to the net, you can run whatever system you want (can't get fucked with if you're not online, or just set up a simple firewall with linux). what i've set up is a closed subnet of machines to work with the dental equipment on a windows 7 OS. there's no fucking way i'll ever upgrade that when it works perfectly fine.

    windows 7 will be around for a long time, and msft will push out updates just like they did for XP and kept it running for years.

    do what you wanna do, i've shit my pile and if people still want to throw it through a fan then whatever floats their boat.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    P R O F E S S I O N A L S H I T P O S T E R



  9. #19

    Retired Prophet
    ToxicJew.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    S̢͎̳̞̲͈̪̳̻ͮͩt̟̳̏ͬ̔&#
    Posts
    7,805
    Points
    7,612
         User Info     Contact     Gamer ID
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    S̢͎̳̞̲͈̪̳̻ͮͩt̟̳̏ͬ̔&#
    Posts
    7,805
    Points
    7,612

    Contact info:

    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/kennethbgoodin

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ellijah View Post
    I don't like the tactics they're using to get people to upgrade.

    I forgot to turn off my PC yesterday and when I got home from work there was a countdown timer up telling me they were going to upgrade to Windows 10 in 12 minutes. Lol

    I would have been pissed if I had come home 12 minutes later and had an entirely different operating system without even agreeing to an upgrade.
    I had to manually find and delete the update that includes all the windows 10 prompts three times before it stopped coming back. Persistent fucks.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ ็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

  10. #20
    Lolicore <3 ozen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,684
    Points
    915
         User Info     Contact     Gamer ID
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,684
    Points
    915

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuck Sky View Post
    Healthy alternatives to Windows. Linux use is growing by the day. Might as well learn how to use it before it becomes a near-necessity.

    https://www.freebsd.org/
    https://www.archlinux.org/
    https://www.linuxmint.com/
    https://manjaro.github.io/


    Don't like how something looks? Change it. It's easy as fuck. Everything can look and perform exactly how you want it. Not how a company *wants* you to want it.

    Tiling window managers are my fetish at this point.
    http://i3wm.org/
    https://awesome.naquadah.org/

    Examples of nicely configured Tiling windowmanagers:
    http://imgur.com/a/nwrLG
    https://imgur.com/a/5CyTD
    http://imgur.com/a/w7M79
    http://imgur.com/a/E2RJe
    http://imgur.com/a/542NS
    thanks for the recs


    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!


Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -10. The time now is 10:17 PM.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.